• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5WD2 bios 0512. Any of you tried it yet?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Okay, 0509 causes a similar problem except that instead of 3 ide channels failing to install in windows there's only 1. Back to 0422 again but figure I'd check-in with the results. Looks like I'm SOL concerning the occassional reboot/oc error issue right now and will probably just leave my PC on but idling when not in use (to avoid that whole F1 after starting and restarting thing).

Looks like Asus is working hard to correct the issues with this board.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You would figure with the law of averages that they would get a bios right maybe 1 out of say 30-40 times... :shrug:

BIOS version 0512 has some problems with the ICH7R IDE channels, when i upgraded to 0512 i noticed that there was four IDE channels listed in Device Manager (two primary and two secondary) and in actual infact there should only be three listed (two primary and one secondary).

Ahhhh, another "band-aid" approach from the ever famous bios compilers at Asus.... They are going to get lucky with 1 sometime, all we have to do is wait, and do the testing for em.... Whats that pay anyways??? :rolleyes:

Back