• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P67 Boards for a 2600K and Overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well its for a buddy he requested P67 ill talk to him.

The issue was fixed for P67 as long as it's a B3 revision board. The only thing wrong with it was a small problem with a few of the SATA ports though...just had to make sure you had something like a CD drive hooked up to those ports and not a HDD and you'd be fine.

Main differences between P67 and Z68 are the ability to use the onboard video, SSD cacheing, and Ivy Bridge support.

None of the P67 boards still on Newegg look particularly good.

There's the Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, which has a 7 phase and should be decent. Otherwise, I'd try going for the open box ASUS P8Z68-V Pro or the MIVG-Z.

However, all Z77 boards should work with Sandy Bridge CPUs...much easier to find.

Last edited:
I have been using a asus p8p67 pro rev3 mobo with a 2500k at 4.4ghz since mid 2011. I have yet to experience any problems. I know they had to make a revision due to sata degradation but as long as you get a rev 3.0 you are fine. With all that said I will still opt for a z77 chipset since its newer and has more goodies but a p67 board is still good for sandy bridge.

Back