• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P8Z77-V Deluxe UEFI/Lagacy Boot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

amerifax

Registered
All new to me. My choice is UEFI/Lagacy or one or the other. My very next question is if "PCI Rom Priority" should be Legacy Rom or EFI Compatible Rom.

I,m using SDL for both the cache & SDL/HDD, hybrid, for SATA6. Maybe I should also mention I turned on the "BootUp NumLock State".
Bob

Set them all to default unless you know what you are doing. If you are using Windows 8, install it using the UEFI image instead of the legacy one to use Fast Boot.

>>If you are using Windows 8, install it using the UEFI image instead of the legacy<<
On turning off "Legacy", since windows is already installed, should I re-install Windows 8?
Bob

PS
When I made the change, turning off Legacy, when reboot I only end up back in the UEFI. Therefore I'm thinking I do need to re-install. But I need to know for sure if I'm right.

And if i do need to re-install how can I exit UEFI, after changing and saving the (delete-Legacy), since I always end back up in UEFI?

Last edited:
>>If you are using Windows 8, install it using the UEFI image instead of the legacy<<
On turning off "Legacy", since windows is already installed, should I re-install Windows 8?
Bob

PS
When I made the change, turning off Legacy, when reboot I only end up back in the UEFI. Therefore I'm thinking I do need to re-install. But I need to know for sure if I'm right.

And if i do need to re-install how can I exit UEFI, after changing and saving the (delete-Legacy), since I always end back up in UEFI?

Do not edit the UEFI/Legacy settings. Leave them at stock.

Then, when you are selecting the boot device to install Windows 8 from, select the one that starts with UEFI:, not the standard CDROM: or USB: one.

Don't think I booted from the UEFI option when I installed Windows 8.

What difference does it make? I havn't noticed anything :-/

It lets you use Fast Boot. Also, you can boot from a 3TB drive with UEFI.

You mean Windows 8 fast boot? So basically hibernation... lol :p (that's all it seems to do in my opinion, well at least very similar)

The 3TB boot limit I won't ever use. Maybe not for 10years anyway ;)

I've also just checked the fast boot option and it is enabled. I definitely did not pick the UEFI option when I installed from my Win8 DVD.

>>jmdixon85<<
How are you able to add the following to your Profile. I tried to edit mine with no luck.
Bob

Exampl:__________________
Main System/File Server/
CPU: I2500K @ 4.8Ghz (H2o cooled)/Q6600
Mainboard: AsRock Z77 Extreme 4/Gigabyte P35
RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz/6GB DDR2 800Mhz
Video: nVidia GTX 460/nVidia GT210

Back