• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Painted my drives

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Scarface72

Registered
Painted my drives - Pics now here 56k users beware

Well just got done putting my computer back together after painting my DVD, Floppy, and some of the buttons on my Gravis Gamepad Pro. All in all it went pretty well, but i just can't get the darn spring back on the floppy door right. Anyway just felt like posting this here since i spent most of the day working on it. I will post pics tomorrow (just in this thread, not enough mods to belong in the modding gallery yet, but soon)

Scars%20Comp%20001.JPG

If u notice the bottom panel hasn't been painted yet, just the 2 drives and the 3 5 1/4" slot covers.

Scars%20Comp%20002.JPG

Didn't want to paint the color coded buttons because when friends come over and play its easier to tell them what color does what..lol

Scars%20Comp%20003.JPG

Also cleaned up my wires with zip ties, think they could be hidden more or?
Scars%20Comp%20004.JPG

Scars%20Comp%20005.JPG

Last edited:
Yeah I'd snap them now but its my brothers digital cam and he's already asleep, plus I'm kinda worn out from the modding so don't feel like shining up my case yet..hehe

No but I've gotten the spring into its place, but when I put a disk in, then take it back out the door doesn't close all the way, so I'm thinking maybe that spring needs to be wound one more time for tension?

Scarface72 said:
No but I've gotten the spring into its place, but when I put a disk in, then take it back out the door doesn't close all the way, so I'm thinking maybe that spring needs to be wound one more time for tension?

Couldn't hurt. :D

hehe now this is gonna be a fun project, trying to wind that spring one more time without losing the spring...lol

Thanks, still trying to decide if I want those plexiglass covers on the drive plates and such..If I remove those the drives will match better.... Once I get it looking how I like I'll go the next step and clearcoat...

Wonderboy said:
You might want to keep a closer watch on that mouse, it looks like it has been partying while your out. Unless its the case... which looks great!

:cool:link
Rofl:eek: i didnt know what that was at first. then i looked at it closer:rolleyes: kids these days

As to the paint I used, its plasti-kote Odds 'n' Ends Fast Dry Enamel. About the mouse, it hasn't stopped partying since I got it...lol Mice these days.....sheesh...heh

Thanks for the positive responses... One thing I'm sorta unhappy with is the look of the volume and floppy eject....I've already figured out how to paint the floppy eject easy but whats the best way to paint the volume control on the DVD?

BTW anyone notice the crappy RAidmax PSU that came with my case..doesn't even have vents on the bottom....thinking about either venting it or taking the fan off my old gateway psu and attaching it...think i'd have any problems with this?

Oh and Wonderboy just noticed you have some pretty cool pics on that site..nice nugs :) your pictures or someone else?

Last edited:
Back