• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Panaflo Medium or High... or Watercooling?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MiNdWaRp

ok, I'm getting set to build my rig, once I get my college dough I'll be ready.

Anyway, my question right now is this, do I get the medium panaflos or should I get a fan controller right off the bat (I will probably wait if I get the mediums), and buy High speed (at least for the processor, I don't think the 120mm front intake fans will need to be so powerful).

or do I go with watercooling, which is more expensive, correct? I know little about it, and doing WC would forsake the awesome air cooling of the Coolermaster Stacker :\

How loud is each option going to be? I don't want to be too loud (dorm room, you know)...

Nice looking case..:) Are you planning on using the crossblower option? Yes, a fan controller is advised for any OC rig, IMHO..I recommend you go with the High output's on the controller..Remove the restrictive fan grids for increased air flow and reduced noise..Below is a link to a PDF at www.digikey.com thats shows the diff. models specs.
Enter the model you want and check the price and availability..:thup:

CLICK HERE

im using 2x panaflo mediums on a dual 120 mm radiator for watercooling with a fan control, with a 1.97 vcore for 2.54 ghz i get about 42c idle, 50c full load

well i'm not worried so much about temps, at first I probably won't do much overclocking, the big thing is the NOISE level, I'm going to be staying in the dorms at college and I don't want my computer to be too loud.

What fan controllers would you recommend? I was looking at the sunbeam Rhoebus.

Back