• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Partition help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WrkBoot

Whenever my niece stays over for the weekend she messes up my wifes computer.
I would like to create our nieces her own partition that way WHEN she messes it up I can just reload that partition and not interfere with my wifes stuff.
She plays a kids game online with block shaped people and she downloads all types of crap without us knowing,maybe two OS's??

I'm thinking,Vista will stay with my wifes machine and have our niece with XP. That way when she is here we just load XP and everything will be good.

Any thought????

Yes. I've been doing that since Windows 9x.

Always have (at least) two separate operating systems on their own partitions and image one from the other.

Windows XP should be part of that dual boot absolutely. I use WinXP in combo with Windows 2000 on really old computers or in combo with Windows 8 on new computers.

Just reboot into the other OS and nuke & reimage after she leaves. It takes a few minutes only. Move storage locations for anything that would be affected by the image away from the OS partition. Good luck - it's really the only way to use *any* desktop computer because it is quicker to nuke & reimage than to diagnose even a small problem.

Back