• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Passmark states that AMD has surpassed Intel in the Desktop market

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Is that just users who run the benchmark? I'm confused with how they came up with these numbers...

Same question I have. Here are a couple of responses from their comments section. Let me amend my post subject line.

Attachments

• Techspot.png
    Techspot.png
    25.6 KB · Views: 65
Passmark's article title is certainly misleading.

But concerning the link you posted, ED, it covers an eight year span so it represents a huge installer base historically rather than what is happening currently. Surely, there are sales statistics available from the Ryzen era of the last what, three years that would be more useful.

In the same way steam says that the most popular gaming graphics card is Intel HD ;)

I have always looked at Passmark for GPU/CPU comparisons. While it doesn't do really well taking overclocking for example, but for comparing prices and getting a general lay of the land it has always been a good tool.

I think HWbot is a good place to look for comparing overclocking information, but its kind of tedious to find all of the benches in one location.

Back