• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC Build advise

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
They do have a life span and it might be worth going with the 750 if you're concerned about the max read/writes. Someone more knowledgeable than me will need to help you with that though. I just don;t have enough experience with SSD's.

Ok so I've finally put all the bits together and it's all working well so far :) really pleased with it thanks for the advice all

Oh no so for some reason my CPU fan wasn't being recognized so I unplugged the USB from the header and into the other one whilst the computer was on and there was a huge bang!! Have I knackered it? :(

A big bang is never a good sign. You're talking about the USB headers right? If you got it backwards, you could have shorted the power rails. If you're lucky the damage may be limited to the USB and not further. Disconnect the thing that made it go bang and see what else works.

oh no! For the future, Never Ever plug things into the Computer Motherboard while it is running. the Ports in the rear of the case that you can access from outside the case are the ONLY hotswappable ports in most cases. Does it boot and run still?

It was silly but I thought it would be ok as it was the fan header. So it turns ok and seems to run ok now, didn't see any smoke or smell any burning. On first boot up it said something about overclocking failure reset to defaults in bios or something. The Coker fans are all running ok. There was a green light on the motherboard that came on but it's off now after a reboot. Can't remember what it was but I'll check in the morning.

- - - Updated - - -

So it was the CPU header fan, I think that's what it is. So it connects to the kraken CPU cooler to control the fans. They work but the asus and cam software wasn't showing the fan speed for some reason

Back