• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC Gaming LPC 2 build advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I use all three ssd' in my rig and they are all about the trade offs over regular ssd'.
for the m.2 sata ssd I have to give up 2 sata ports, it does mount down, on the board, out of the way, crystal disk says the m.2 sata ssd is faster in read and write, but I don't notice it in game and daily use but, I can just tell the m.2 sata boots just a bit faster.
the pcie ssd, I am limited on what fits the slot, I don't give up 2 sata ports for it, it hides under the gpu's, I can tell that boot is faster but not really anything else after the first day.

Why was caddi daddi shown as the last poster or this thread when you view it from the general hardware section? When you look at the posts in the thread there is actually no post from CD. Did he make a post and then delete it? It won't show now because I made a subsequent post.

Why was caddi daddi shown as the last poster or this thread when you view it from the general hardware section? When you look at the posts in the thread there is actually no post from CD. Did he make a post and then delete it? It won't show now because I made a subsequent post.

Heres his post. Not sure why you arent seeing it lol

I use all three ssd' in my rig and they are all about the trade offs over regular ssd'.
for the m.2 sata ssd I have to give up 2 sata ports, it does mount down, on the board, out of the way, crystal disk says the m.2 sata ssd is faster in read and write, but I don't notice it in game and daily use but, I can just tell the m.2 sata boots just a bit faster.
the pcie ssd, I am limited on what fits the slot, I don't give up 2 sata ports for it, it hides under the gpu's, I can tell that boot is faster but not really anything else after the first day.

Bob, now I see your post and his. There was something wrong with the pagination for a while but it seems to be fixed now. Caddi's post is the first one on page 2 but when I checked the thread several times earlier today there was no page 2 or at least it's number wasn't showing up.

Sorry to revive old thread. Am now in purchase mode.

Which processor best for Gaming and VR?

i7-6700k: 4 cores, 8 threads, 4ghz, 8m cache, LGA 1151
i7-6850k: 6 cores, 12 threads, 3.6ghz, 15M cache, LGA 2011-3
i7-6850k: 6 cores, 12 threads, 3.6ghz, 15M cache, LGA 2011-3

price is pretty similar so looking for best gaming/VR and future proofing VR.

This for use with Rog Rampage Edition 10 MOBO

Oh wait I don't the MOBO will take the 6700

Question 2:

Intel 750 1.2 TB PCIE NVME or the 2.5inch drive. I am worried that if I do the PCIE drive there won't be room for the two 1080 ti cards and the water blocks so I thought I would use the 2.5 inch ddrive with the SFF 8639 connector. I can't find the connector on the motherboard though. Is it incompatible?

I am also thinking about the 1TB samsung 960 pro. I can put that in the M2 slot whcih is aesthetically pleasing to me and removes any space issues for water cooling the dual GPUs. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Back