• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC will not wake from sleep after RAM overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BadDopey

Ok so just upgraded to this Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB and i am having a problem when i put the computer to sleep, it freezes upon waking up and will either display a black screen or freezes at the log on screen. I know it has something to do with the OC, because it will run fine and wake fine when running @ 1500mhz but when i enable XMP @ 1866 is when it starts having this problem. The weird thing is its only affecting the sleep, the computer is still prime95 stable and memtest86 passed 3 times with no errors (while running at 1866). XMP is automatically setting all the timings and settings correctly as far as i can see but if i need to post pictures of my BIOS let me know. Any help is appreciated

The first pic is stable and will wake from sleep, the second is stable until i put it to sleep and then it freezes on wake

stable.jpg

unstable.jpg

Disable XMP and set 1866 9-9-9-27 2T , 1.55V , all other timings at auto, VTT/QPI +0.1V.

Disable XMP and set 1866 9-9-9-27 2T , 1.55V , all other timings at auto, VTT/QPI +0.1V.

Sweet that worked! all i needed to do was set the ICM to 1.20v, it seems to wake from sleep now and im going to run a stress test for a little while and make sure everything is still stable

Back