• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC WONT POST - NO GRAPHICS - NEED HELP PLZZZZ

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devourment

Registered
Well, everything was fine with my system beside the fact that i am RMA my HD 5870 (GSOD, lockups, ect.) But still, i had graphics at boot. Yesterday, ive flash my mobo BIOS with the new F4 BIOS since, apparently, you can lower your CPU voltage with the BIOS. Since all my OC setings were lost (didnt save them with qflash) i wanted to see with AMD OverDrive Auto Clock tool, the results and for fun, lol. 1 seconds after ive start the proccess, my whole PC froze and i was force te reboot. But, i got no signal at the reboot. The computer start and everything seems fine but i dont have any visual and i know that the pc is not loading in Windows (when in windows, my keyboard is lighting up, ive wait more than 5 minutes... So, this is where i am now. Stuck with no visual at boot.

Ive tried: Clearing the CMOS with the switch right one the mobo, with the jumpers and with the battery. Didnt work. Ive switch my card to the other PCIx16 slot, same result. Im in the process to get a new HD 5870 but im affraid the i will stil have no visual at start. Im pretty sure ist the motherboard but can it be something else?

Anyone has seen something like that??
Sry for my english, im french
Thx

NO SIGNAL AT STARTUP - NEED HELP PLZZZZ

Well, everything was fine with my system beside the fact that i am RMA my HD 5870 (GSOD, lockups, ect.) But still, i had graphics at boot. Yesterday, ive flash my mobo BIOS with the new F4 BIOS since, apparently, you can lower your CPU voltage with the BIOS. Since all my OC setings were lost (didnt save them with qflash) i wanted to see with AMD OverDrive Auto Clock tool, the results and for fun, lol. 1 seconds after ive start the proccess, my whole PC froze and i was force te reboot. But, i got no signal at the reboot. The computer start and everything seems fine but i dont have any visual and i know that the pc is not loading in Windows (when in windows, my keyboard is lighting up, ive wait more than 5 minutes... So, this is where i am now. Stuck with no visual at boot.

Ive tried: Clearing the CMOS with the switch right one the mobo, with the jumpers and with the battery. Didnt work. Ive switch my card to the other PCIx16 slot, same result. Im in the process to get a new HD 5870 but im affraid the i will stil have no visual at start. Im pretty sure ist the motherboard but can it be something else?

Anyone has seen something like that??
Sry for my english, im french, Ive also post this thread in the video section...
Thx

No need to double post or use all caps it's considered rude. Time for simple troubleshooting...remove anything not required to post. One stick of ram only then your other stick. Try clearing cmos again with your power supply switch off or unplugged this time if it wasn't before. Let us know if you get anything different out of the system.

Unplug the power cable from your psu, press the power button to discharge any residual power from the PSU. Now take the CMOS battery out of the motherboard, wait 15 min, plug the power cord into the psu and turn the compy on. It should come back up like normal then you can put the battery back in the mobo.

If you still get no video signal and nothing seems to work then likely your vid card crapped since you did say you are RMAing it. Find a gfx card to put in there or leave it out and see if the damn thing will at least beep at you for not having gfx. If it does at least this then all you probably need is a gfx card. A bad vid card can do screwy stuff to your system and since you are RMAing it, dont put it in your system.

If you're sure your connections are good and you've done the above troubleshooting then you have bad hardware. Now you need to start swapping out parts until you find out what's causing your issue. It's unlikely to be the cpu so does the board beep with no ram installed?

I've ever had this problem too

Simple I take out processor , then reseat it back
I see the pin messed up

then everthing fine

maybe that should help

I experienced this problem before. I did some OCing and it froze on me. I did a reboot and reset CMOS and it didn't help. I hate to say this but I think you corrupted your bios. The only way to fix this is to see if you can reflash your bios, or get another Bios chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back