• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC wont turn on, GO_LED and clear cmos lights blinking Asus Rampage iii formula

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

saudffs

Hi all,

My fairly new PC was working fine last night till I woke up and I tried turning it on, there was nothing except for the blinking GO_LED next to the GO button and the clear cmos light in the back. the PC is fully updated and as I mentioned it was working perfectly with no problems what so ever.

I tried disconnecting the power and i tried plugging it in directly to the power outlet and even taking out the cmos battery but nothing seems to work, I should mention that I live in very dusty city and my PC is a bit dusty.

I'm really clueless about this issue and I never post on forums so please if there's any missing information on my part let me know.

PC specs:

Asus rampage iii formula
i7 950 (OCd to 3.33 using the asus software not from bios)
Noctua NH-D14
Corsair Dominator GT 6 GB 2000Mhz (set to 1600)
Zotac GeForce GTX 480
Corsair AX1200

Try to clear the CMOS and then load optimized defaults in BIOS and see if you can POST. Then boot to safe mode and turn off the overclocking software and reboot the system.

Sorry what I made a mistake the lights that are blinking are the GO_led and the ROG connect on/off button in the back

@King107s I removed the cmos battery and tried the CLR_CMOS button and still nothing.

If it would not post after clearing the CMOS you might have a PSU issue. Grab a DMM or PSU tester and make sure the voltages are right, especially the 12V+ Is the system even coming alive when you press the power button on the case? Your hardware is pretty good, especially that PSU, I would be suprised if it failed...

Last edited:
not a thing at all when pressing the power button. I'll try what you suggested and let you know what happens, and if anyone else has any suggestions please don't hesitate to share.

Back