• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC2100 overclocking noobie needs help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

octavious

Registered
I'm new to the world of overclocking would like to have some good old fashion advise. I have read just about everything but never tried it on my new motherboard. I would like to try to overclock two sticks of Mushkin PC2100 256 in dual channel on a Asus P4P800 dlx board. Yes, I know that I need newer RAM, but I will not be able to upgrade until late summer this year.

Here's the specs:

Intel P4 2.53b 533mhz
(2) 256MB PC2100 DDR 222 Black Hi Perf Level II

Everything in bios set to stock speeds only.
MAM is enabled.

CPUz states that following:
Freq: 133.6 mhz
FSB : DRAM: 1:1
CAS# Lat: 2.0 clocks
RAS# to CAS# Delay: 2 clocks
RAS# Precharge: 2 clocks
Cycle Time(Tras): 7 clocks
Performance mode: enabled (PAT)

Any help is appreciated!

thanks,

octavious

Last edited:
All you have to do is raise the FSB. It should be 133 right now. Try 150 and see what happens.

If you need to test your RAM use Memtest86. It works very well, plus its a bootable floppy. This way Windoz wont interfer.

Sentential,

thanks for the info.

octavious

Update:

Cpuz:

CPU
core speed: 2660.0 mhz
fsb: 140 mhz
bus speed: 560 mhz

Memory
Freq: 140 mhz
FSB : Dram 1:1
2-2-2-7

Ran 3dmark01 and 3dmark03...got an increase in score but not much. Went from 3300 to 3400 on 3dmark03 and from 11300 to alittle over 11700 on 3dmark01.

How does overclocking on the FSB effect my soundcard, video card, etc....will oc'ing ruin these cards?

Also, I used the overclocking 5% in the bios of this motherboard. Will this automatic setting take care of the agp and pci cards from being ruined?

thanks
octavious

Last edited:
FSB won't mess up any of those things unless yor unstable for a long period of time. you can experiment and raise it a little higher at a time. If it comes unstable with memtest then raise vdimm .2 to .4 higher

Back