• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PCB compatibility for KFA2 1080TI EXOC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Circle

Hey guys,

I am new yay.

So.. I am a bit in a struggle right now because no retailer here gives me a good advice on a GPU cooler for my KFA2 1080 TI EXOC.

Do I want to OC? Yes slightly

I am really into GPX Pro and its compatibility is a go for the Founders Edition 1080 TI.

https://www.alphacool.com/shop/new-...tx-titan-x-pascal/1080-ti-m02-incl.-backplate

Btw I contacted KFA2 support.. and they said the PCB of the EXOC is different from the FE .. is it? I cant see it. I attached a picture of the EXOC and the FE edition.

So the question is.. does the EXOC has the same PCB layout like the Founders Edition or not. Maybe you guys can help me.

Thank you

regards

circle

mergedpcbJPG.jpg

If they say it is.........................

...that said, I can't spot the difference either. Did you send them these images and ask what the difference was/is? I can't see anything from here, but that doesn't mean there are not any.

EDIt: And from a Tom's hardware review:
Does the PCA look familiar? It's Nvidia's reference design, first seen on the GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Founders Edition, and completely unmodified here. The decision to use it is accompanied by certain advantages and disadvantages, but it definitely helps cut back on KFA2/Galax's costs.
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/kfa2-galax-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-exoc,5074-2.html

Definitely looks the same to me, I'm seeing no reasons the GPU block wouldn't fit.

They're just saying it's different because they don't want to be held accountable if you purchase the block and damage your card while trying to mount it.

I concur with my 2 colleagues in green, I cannot spot any difference either.

After reading what Tom's Hardware had said, it seems to be the same as it usually is for a reference design GPU. Just make sure that your understand the policies from all grounds whether it's from the GPU manufacturer or the WB if say you had to return it because it didn't fit.

Thank you for your help! I am getting a FE cooler now

Back