• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PCChips A15G v1.0a posting issue...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MEMex

I decided I wanted to switch my servers x2 cpu with a slower sempron, so my pc on the tv could have a faster cpu for flash/video. When I put in the Semp and power on... fans spin but no screen or pwr LED. The pci post card says "6E" or "39" if upside down. If I try to turn it off it'll post FF and stays in a powered state?

PCChip's site says my cpu listed below is supported.
AM2 Sempron 3000+(F2) (62W)

Link to cpu

Site of Ami BIOS post codes

I've cleared the cmos, I've put the x2 back in and flashed to the newest bios. I'm confused, as I've tested both motherboards I have with the x2, and the Semp cpu works with the other, but I can't switch motherboards because of form factor size reqs. Before I completely give up on this, I thought maybe someone here has had a similar issue or could give some advice.

Last edited:
Wow I failed huge... that cpu support list was for A15G v1.0 and not v1.0A, Ami which is what I have. Why its not supported boggles my mind, how an am2 cpu doesn't work in am2 socket. I guess there are unsolvable mysteries...

I guess I can't really complain. The motherboard was $20 after rebate, now I know why :rolleyes:

Back