• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PCI Alternative to SoundStorm!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
well got mine today and im not sure what to think. i mean i cant get 5.1 with digital, that could be cause the game i was playing is Quake2. I still cant get 6 channel direct to work on my speakers right, as in no center at all(logitec z-5500). sound kicks *** tho nice and sweet. ill post back as i test more.

I'm interested. cant wait for a US reseller. though the ebay seller does look promising.

do you own a digital camera? mind sharing a review of the card with us? If you dont like it maybe i could take it off your hands ;) j/k. (or am i)

yes i got a cam, and i will try and get a review made up when i can, but i am a busy man with work and all :p. and sorry i got no plans on getting rid of the card :p had it installed for 5 hrs now and love the sound, everything in my games is so much clearer and i can hear things i could not with my Audigy. also what pix would you want?

of the card itself and the pack of the card so we can see the connections on the back. where did you obtain your card thegame?

it rox, just a bit hard to get tuned for me. tring to get rid of echos is a pain in the butt. the eq rox anything that creative will ever have :p its got a 10 band eq and can ajust the level of any speaker. im hoping to watch a dvd with it and see how it is soon. ill get back. but ya if anyone is wanting a new sound card i would say get this when i comes to the us if you dont wanna do it ebay as the guy has raised his price's.

ok guys the more and more i use this card the mroe i love it. if your looking to get a new card that rox this would be the card to get for sure. i was watching hell boy this weekend and omfg it sounds so sweet on this card. i tested optical with movies games and music and it sounds a bit better than analog to me. the DDL works great with games for 5.1, i played doom3 to test it. but anyways i need to get to work ill get some screen shots of the eq and stuff later when i get home and post it. but for real this is the best card ive ever had.

Wow, promising stuff.
I've had my Audigy Player since it came out, I think it's about time I took the plunge and got a new card.
But if i get this card, I'll probably end up getting a new amplifier too...
Better wait 'til i'm in the money...

;)

argh, he keeps raising his prices. It was originally 65$ then 85$ now its 110$. seems to be getting greedy.

Not exactly.

The $110 version includes the HDA-X10 Extension board, which allows extra connectivity.

He was selling those versions along with the normal version, however he seems to have run out of the normal ones...

;)

Back