• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pci slot fan....thoughts...?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

njflyer93

Registered
Hey guys how's it going. I just put my xfx r9270 in my case. It's a great card but it runs a little warm for my liking. In games it runs at about 110 degrees Fahrenheit. It has dual fans and heat pipes on it. I have the fan on manual control at 100 percent. I was looking into pci slot case cooler but I'm not sure if something like this could help. I'm assuming my card pulls in air not pushes out. The pci fans I saw were exhaust. So I'm not sure how that would help. some good advice and feedback is appreciated. Thanks guys

110F is absolutely nothing, especially for a graphics card. nothing to worry about at all. Your bath water is slightly cooler then that lol

Would a pci fan even do anything? They seem kinda silly to me

They are a little silly. It probably wouldn't do much.

110F is ~43C. That's not hot at all. Start worrying at 80C or so.

I've never had any luck w/PCI slot exhaust fans (where the air intake is inside the case). I tested case temps with and without one installed and it made no difference.

We go by Celsuis here in computing... As stated, that is nothing to worry about at all.

Those slow fans generally do not work well and only serve to cause more noise. Not worth it.

Back