• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PCIE bus or lane splitters?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Evilsizer

Senior Forum Spammer
anyone know of any chips that can do this? only one that comes to mind is the NF200, seeing as im not an oem. this would be rather hard to get and then find a place that could solder it on board for me.

Are you thinking of something that you plug into the PCIe port, and then it gives you say 2x PCIe 8x ports instead of 1x PCIe 16x?

well i would like to find a pcie card that then breaks down to 4 mPCIE slots (as far as i can tell all mPCIE slots are x1). there are some nice devices you can get for mPCIE you just cant get for a desktop. that's basically what im after but i really only need two mPCIE slots.

the other thought i had was taking 3 flexible x16 pcie cables and splicing them together. i would then need to add a power cable to the pcie cable for more power, still not sure if the two devices would require the extra power. i do recall seeing sometime ago a mPCIE card to pcie card but can no longer find it, logicsupply use to have one but it is gone now.

Back