• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PDP possible UTT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Dam im so jealous..lol i cant wait til im back on my feet (working now but still catching up on bills)so i can grab stuff like this again. Being out of work for those few months really hurt my pocket's.But at least i am getting a new mobo ram and cpu next week and ordering it this week(friday)

NinjaZX6R said:
I'll be a lab rat.....ordering now.

-Collin-

What a surprise..... ;)

Don't get your hopes up too high..... if they are indeed BH-die you'll probably get around 260 (after burn-in) with low timings and plenty of voltage...... I look forward to your results.

I've asked for in house test results. Let us see how that will pan out. Maybe I'm pushing the envelope on that one...but hey it does not hurt to try :)

Edit*
Update:

Me said:
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, July 05, 2005 12:11 PM
To: William Lai
Subject: RE: A few questions..

Hello William,

Do you have any in house test results for these
modules? Is it reasonable to expect 260MHz
(1.5-2-2-x-1T) at say 3.8 - 4.0V DRAM Voltage (either
my DFI NF4 or a DRAM Booster)?

Thanks a lot.
PDP Systems said:
Hi ,

I don't believe we have any in house test for the settings you're
looking for. I know that we have been hitting 250 at 2-2-2-X at about
3.5V....but we believe the voltage is a bit high and unsafe for novice
users,
so we rather relax the timings and voltage. But for experience
users like you, I would recommend experimenting with it.

Best regards,
William Lai
Applications Engineer
[email protected]
Patriot Memory

Now, that is a bit confusing to me. How is it dangerous for n00bs and not so for experienced users? Maybe I misunderstand and he meant n00bs would have a hard time getting it stable. I guess the results are pretty much the norm with UTT modules.

However, full credit to PDP for offering unconditional warranty. I have never heard of anybody offering this kind of a warrenty. No hidden text or nanometer sized disclaimers :thup:

Last edited:
250 at 3.5 sounds about right.... with burn-in you might get to around 260. I'm pretty sure these have to be bh-die chips. I guess when someone does 200mhz with 2-2-2-5 timings and only like 2.7v we'll know for sure.

I am sitting here, waiting to click "order."

I asked my friend Neil to check the part number at the local frys. I would rather buy it there due to their return policy. If they have them, I will snag a set tonight. Otherwise, I will grab them from the egg tomorrow. I REALLY want the XP4000, but $190 is out of my price range :(

Is it safe to say that the BH die stuff is inferior to CH stuff ONLY regarding high voltage? I know I know, that is a huge question in itself.

-Collin-

inferior is in the eye of the beholder...... ch-die ram "may" clock higher (I haven't really burned in my bh-die or bh-5 sticks yet), but its also more likely to suffer an early death due to extreme conditions. I have yet to hear of someone killing bh-5 or bh-die ram.

I hear you on that one. Seems like all the "early deaths" are on the CH stuff. OK, that's it guys....TIME TO ORDER!

Off topic: Looks like it's going to be a while houserat before I catch you in aquamark. Installed a 6800 Ultra and lost like 5k. Give me time! :)

-Collin-

Ok here's what they told me

Tom,

The actual chipset information is confidential and I am not able to
release that information. But I can give you the memory specification.

PC3200 400Mhz 2-3-3-6 @2.9 to 3.0volt
PC4000 500Mhz 2-3-3-8 @3.3volt

Just remember you have life time warranty so if anything wrong with the
memory, we can replace it for you.

Regards,
Tech support

So whats it look like to you all Ch5 or BH5?

Sent: Tuesday, July 05, 2005 6:32 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: CSLH - default - Contact

lol !

Read my posts above...I have the hookup biatch :D (j/k)

I am in no way shape or form connected with Patriot Memory Systems!

gigabit said:
Ok here's what they told me

Tom,

The actual chipset information is confidential and I am not able to
release that information. But I can give you the memory specification.

PC3200 400Mhz 2-3-3-6 @2.9 to 3.0volt
PC4000 500Mhz 2-3-3-8 @3.3volt

Just remember you have life time warranty so if anything wrong with the
memory, we can replace it for you.

Regards,
Tech support

So whats it look like to you all Ch5 or BH5?

Sent: Tuesday, July 05, 2005 6:32 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: CSLH - default - Contact

By those specs it looks like CH-die. You won't really know unless you can run 2-2-2-5 at 200Mhz with less than 3v, then you'll know if it's bh-die. I really have no interest in this product since OCZ has the Gold series which uses Bh-die for $121 with a rebate and the TwinMOS speed premiums are bh-die and you can get a gig for less than $110 shipped.

Looks promising. Timings never really got winbond ram to clock any higher, so I think we can be looking at 250mhz at 2-2-2-8 rather than 2-3-3-8. I am going to order a set.

-Collin-

Super Nade said:
Contact e-mail: William Lai
[email protected]

I've dealt with this fellow. You should get a response in a week :D

Thanks for the contact, Nade.

That is an amazing warranty statement. Even OCZ doesn't come right out and say they'll replace their sticks no matter how many volts you push through them.

I guess their tests with 4V enabled DFI NF4 boards have conclusively proven that there is no problem. That should be reason for such a bold warranty.

On a related note, for anybody suffering this cold-boot problem on their DFI boards, contact the memory makers and ask for their input on this matter. Let us compare notes when that happens.

Newegg strikes again. I ordered it at 6:00 AM and figured it would ship that day. It always has for me and everyone else. Well, it didn't....so my results are on hold until Monday. Thanks again newegg!

-Collin-

I bought some ram from monarch at 5:30pm and its SHIPPED :D

I will be getting it tuesday. <3 monarch

Back