• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Peltier help not on a computer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Crosslhs82

Hi
New to Ocf.com
I'am looking for peltier help.

I live in a 2bdrm apt it has 1 and only able for1 ac unit..
It runs 24/7 in the summer and jacks my electric bill upto $275 a month while the bdrms are getting no help.
I sit at my cpu dripping in sweat.
What i'm trying to do is make a homemade ac unit from vids i've watched on ytb.
It's kinda like a open loop water cooling system.
I have a 24in blade industrial fan with 39ft of 3/8 copper tubing coiled up and attached to the grill, fittings and pond pump running just enough water to keep pump submerged.
It stay's cool for a little bit but then is useless when i can't keep up with the ice keeping the water cold enough. Last week i put in 2-10lbs blocks of ice and 5lbs of dry ice and it was gone in 2hrs.

Will a tec1 12706 peltier 12v 60w 5-6amp with a fx-8350 wraith heastsink or corsair h60 on the hot side and upto 200mm radiator heatsink tank style
on the cold side in a semi closed loop keep the copper tubing cold enough to provide the cooling i'am trying to get. (Where we are not sweating while trying to sleep)
I have the h60, the 8350 and 6350 coolers.
Would i need only 1 tec1 12706 or 2?
If 2 Going with the 200mm tank it would give me the room i need to mount 2 of them knowing i would need 2 power suppls which i can get for $16.00 each and $10.00 for 2 12706's
Attachments would be done with amd cpu retention brackets for heatsink to hot side with the peltier in the middle of the cold tank with the backplate holding all together with longer screws and nuts.
My family and my wallet needs exterme cooling expert help.
But Any Help Would Be Great !!!!!!!!

nope not at all. You'd be better off getting a portable ac unit (about 300$) and moving it to where your are at the time. they easily exhaust out the window with the included hardware.

that tec isnt enough to cool 39ft of tubing the ambient air will suck any cool right off it.

Hmm
$600 buck plus electric for 3 ac units.
Back to the drawing board.
I mite go back to the ice but not directly in water.
Use more copper tubing in the ice chest ice bags sitting on the copper along with a couple of the 200mm tanks in contact with the ice also then maybe a 120 or 240 rad and fans blowing cold off through rads as a prechill coming back fan the main coil.

Anyway thank you for your input.

Here’s a thought if you ambient temp is cooler so will your pcs temps. Those portable units are decently efficient. And you’d only really need 1 to move about to where your at....at the time

Or

Complain to the office about the high bills and constant running.

Well the pc's can be **** down.
It not all about them anyway but yes cooling the room will cool them down.
The landlord doesn't care as long as the rent is paid.
I have watch them jack up the rent on people if the complained to a point it forces them out then they get a new renter.

So do you fully understand the peltier would have a water block on it and water running thtought it?

Yes I’m vastly award of tec cooling. I’ve used tecs on cpus and gpus in the past as well as a peltier or tec water chiller for a custom loop. The amount of cooling you’d need to cool your home with a tec is about the same energy cost as another ac unit. If not more. This is one of the main reasons pelt cooling died out. It’s just not energy efficient.

Ok
That makes alot of since being put that way.
Sounds like i pay an even higher electric bill or sweat.
Thank you for knowledge!!!!!!

Back