• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pentium 4 630 Overclocked to 4.2 Ghz on air cooling.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
changing to water cooling in a few days

will provide pictures, pie calcs, benchmarks etc after water cooling installed

yeah the stepping of the chip would help, I'm itching to get mine to hit 4 on air, but its too damn hot in the dorm right now

Yea nice clocking 630 golden1717, Ive managed to get mine at 4Ghz stable but I think it can go more I only need little more volts on northbridge. Tried to bood windows at 4125Mhz but my board cant handle more than 270FSB w/o mods so it restarts itself on the welcome screen.

golden1717 said:
Asus p5p800
corsair pc 3200
6600 gt graphics
sound blaster audigy
etc....
system runs really good

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS

Hey Need Some Info

Hey Guys i was reading up that u guys had a p4 3.0ghz 630 800mhz fsb 2md l2cache? funning a 4.0ghz stable? if so can u please tell me what numbers u guys put on the vcore and all that other stuff so i can try to match the same overclocking speed? thanks it will be greatly appreciated i have a Abit Fatality mobo . thanks

Cie168 said:
Hey Guys i was reading up that u guys had a p4 3.0ghz 630 800mhz fsb 2md l2cache? funning a 4.0ghz stable? if so can u please tell me what numbers u guys put on the vcore and all that other stuff so i can try to match the same overclocking speed? thanks it will be greatly appreciated i have a Abit Fatality mobo . thanks
:welcome: to the forums. What chipset is that Abit? It makes a difference as certian mobos droop more than others. As a general rule most guys are using (as well as myself) 1.45v **actual, NOT bios** for air cooling.

On my P5WD2 1.45v = ~1.47v on my AS8 it took as high as 1.58v to get the proper reading

Sentential said:
:welcome: to the forums. What chipset is that Abit? It makes a difference as certian mobos droop more than others. As a general rule most guys are using (as well as myself) 1.45v **actual, NOT bios** for air cooling.

On my P5WD2 1.45v = ~1.47v on my AS8 it took as high as 1.58v to get the proper reading

It's a intel 925 chipset

Back