• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Performance: X1800XT Crossfire vs. nVidia 7800GTX SLI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Vrykyl said:
so 2x 512mb x1800xt's beat 2x 256mb 7800gtx's....thats not a suprise at all...but the x1800xt's would get spanked by 512mb gtxs.... last time i checked in UK a gtx 256 is a lot cheaper than an x1800xt, and a 512mb gtx is only a bit more expensive due to short supply and price gouging...
ati release an xtpe, nvidia release an ultra...

Nvidia's card is the ultra as specified on the gpu packaging .

3DFlyer said:
I'm going to repost this, because it seems there is another :rolleyes: that has a problem comprehending...

Does that look negative to you?

Here's a pointer...Read the white, and ignore the black.

Heres a pointer. Read what I said. I said I saw a lot of negative comments about ati and amd. I didn't say you support nvidia and intel or that you've never said anything bad about them.

Meathead said:
Heres a pointer. Read what I said. I said I saw a lot of negative comments about ati and amd. I didn't say you support nvidia and intel or that you've never said anything bad about them.

Thx for pointing that out, and you'll probably see alot more in the future. When companies are doing things like this, and are not doing anything about it, you tend to see negative comments. Negative comments about companies that need to change their buisness practices is nothing new. :)

speed bump said:
check out FCGs retail cards cores those arent ultas only SHamino and Sampsa who had there hands on early early cards are U's

linky dinky

I think the point that i'm trying to make is that although it hasn't been officially sold as the 'Ultra' , for all intents and purposes within Nvidia it is the 'Ultra' or at least what was to be the 'Ultra' . I think some people at Beyond3d also saw other Ultra labelled chips .

Do they have another one up their sleeves ......... I doubt ........ at least not in this process , maybe at 90nm . ATI has just promised a PE version of the 1800XT so that will be interesting as well . But with that said the GTX 512 Mb as much of a beast as it is , it is too pricey .

Ya the price is really the point ATI is trying to compare on. The two cards are (in theory) comparably priced, whereas the 7800 512MB card is $200-$300 more. So comparing those cards as equivalent is appropriate. (ya I know the 1800xt's will probably be slightly more expensive than the 7800gtx on release, but then again they are beating it in performance in this test so that's ok if it costs a little more, just not too much more).

Really though, things will get interesting in Jan when the RD580 mobos come out and we might be surprised with a newer R580 GPU. According to ATI, even though the release of the 1xxx line of cards is delayed the next line of cards is still on their original schedule and so we will probably see a quick move to new faster models right after the initial buying frenzy of 1800's is over. I would feel sorry for ppl if that happens lol. Perhaps even myself, as I need to buy something soon to replace my old system, but I don't know if I can wait for the new cards, but I just don't want to get one of "last seasons" cards then have the new ones out 6 weeks later. Ya I could go and get the 7800 route, but I have a feeling the new ATI stuff, or at least the competition from them will result in a whole new generation of speed after the first of the year.

Plus have you seen that blue and red RD580 reference board, it's freaking beautiful.

Back