• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Phantek / Bitfenix fans ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gh0sT-NoVa

Last edited:
Not sure we have those here , but i give it a look.
I did saw a Thermalright CPU Cooler that day not sure what model was it , there are many good Fans / Coolers here we don't sell =( Or least super hard to find , maybe have to import from another State

EDIT : Well was able to find a Reseller for Thermalright , he have everything ! But sadly he don't sell their fans lol !
But the Silen-X fans doesn't look so " cool " , as i stated im more looking for cool looking fans rather than performance.

What's your opinion on the ones i asked ?

Last edited:
overclocking your CPU involves running your processor at a faster speed than was intended out of the box. While overclocking, at its core (no pun intended), can be quite simple, there's a bit more to it than just tweaking one setting. The main setting that determines your CPU speed (known as your Base Clock) also affects your RAM speed, so there's a bit of tweaking required to get the right balance.

???????????? :shrug: :confused:

What does this have anything to do with this topic :shock: ???

I am using the Phanteks Fans here looks cool as you say, but more importantly there quite and do a great job. AJ. :) :thup:

1, http://www.phanteks.com/PH-F140TS.html

I have 3 of the above colour white surround with blue blades. ;)

Sweet I plan to get the Blue ones too =p

Is it loud when you crank it up to 1000 RPM ? I did saw a YouTube vid , at 1000 RPM the sound was quite noticable .

No even with 3 of them running its relative quite, the fan on my flexy holder makes more noise. AJ. :thup: ;)

Attachments

• AJ Italian Build 06.jpg
    AJ Italian Build 06.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 218
  • AJ Italian Build 61.jpg
    AJ Italian Build 61.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 255
Looking good ! And looks like your using a Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 , great choice :thup:

I plan to get this CPU Cooler too , but i bet tall heatsink RAM like my Corsair Vengeance will surely collide with the cooler :shrug: ?

Ohh yea. The HS is very wide. With your OC and etc, just peel the HS off and go bare ram. You don't need cooling. careful though.

But sadly as always i want the Looks lol , so tearing it off the heatsink i might as well just go for those Samsung RAM i heard so much of , the black pcb ones. They are best for OC....

Maybe i need to get a smaller RAM :-/

But i been thinking maybe i just get another 2 pairs of the LP of Vengeance series they are the same exact RAM right ? Only with shorter heatsink.

Specs seems to be same. Currently i have no clearance problem since only running 2 sticks , be adding 2 more sticks in future :D

But this is still a long time before happening , since only recently got my water cooler , maybe a year or two at least before i changing my cooler lol.

Doubt i stick to water cooling in future , seems fragile and scary imagine all sudden hose broken ! Which has been occurred many times !

Never been an issue for me since 2007. Meaning no times!:shrug:

Oops i should be more specific. I meant by AIO Water Coolers , not fully water cooling system.

If it's full water cooling i have no fear , for one the hoses you use on those are softer and better quality too from what i seen.

Also those have to be maintain , by doing so you will definitely be avoided with any problems like old house breaking.

Unless when you fixing it back you didn't clamp them properly well that's your own fault

For AIO Water Cooler ( Im still no expert in all this stuff but ) , the house have you seen them on the older Hydro series ( H80 / 50 / 60 / 100 ) the older series , it's same as my Enermax , it's super tough not flexible at all ! Even installing it I had a hard time for the hose tends to keep pulling or jerking around !

Not to mention since it's maintenance free , i couldn't really change the hose after some years later...or even actually check their conditions.

Do you notice now their new H90 , H100 uses a different hose ?? I guess this is the reason why.

Because i look it up , actually only Corsair and Enermax uses this tough hose...others like Antec , Thermaltake , Swiftech even Intel one uses a flexible hose. Which Intel even claimed that they spent bit more money on their hose for quality ensure.

So far i haven't see any complains from Antec , Thermaltake etc users..

Only Corsair having a leak and blowing up their entire system.
But Corsair did covered up warranty for any damaged hardwares caused by their cooler.
I should have gone for Swiftech H220 , theirs look alot more better. But it was too late i didn't know we import them till after i bought my Enermax....

But it's still under " Coming Soon " , we only can Pre-Order them now actually.
Suck living in the 3rd World , we always get the cheap stuff / outdated stuffs. Or least it is only during the price we can afford when the thing is outdated......

Wao this heatsink moves up till all 4 RAM slots !?

I thinking maybe i just be getting 2 stick of LP Vengeance for slot 1 and 3 , while 2 and 4 uses my long heatsink ones.

But i guess it won't work for this , maybe have to look for a smaller one from Phantek = =
Some reviews claimed that this Phanteks ph-tc12dx is able to fit with tall heatsink RAM.

But i wonder , can you slide the fan up abit ? I mean it uses a clip to hold onto the heatsink right , can you pull it up higher bit ? If you can , that solution might work.

Many did this on the Hyper 212 EVO Cooler , i tried it on my TX3 EVO , though the bracket for the fan on those coolers are different , they can slide up and down easily.

But i guess having one tall and short heatsink RAM wont look too bad , will it lol ??

You can adjust the fan clips up or down to allow for the clearance on your RAM, but as i have already stated the LP Vengeance will help as you can see. That is what i am using in the photo as you can see. AJ.

One more thing , just want double confirm, if my knowledge doesn't fail me.

The LP version and the normal tall Vengeance version, are actually exact same RAM with only different heatsink right ?

From the website, specs are exactly the same , i meant by the C9 ones of course.

From memory i think they are the same as you say except the difference in overall height on the heat spreaders. But to make sure just double check before you buy anything. AJ.

Back