• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PHANTEKS PH-TC14PE and Corsair Carbide Series 400R

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MX5J6

Just wondering is this cooler will fit inside the case I have chosen. Also is this the best cooler I can get in the sub $100 area? Only real requirement is it has to fit in the case. =p I would also prefer a dual fan cooler.

Just wondering is this cooler will fit inside the case I have chosen. Also is this the best cooler I can get in the sub $100 area? Only real requirement is it has to fit in the case. =p I would also prefer a dual fan cooler.
best cooler? Lots of people recommend this or the Thermaltake frio http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835608018

The Phanteks should fit in there with more than 10mm clearance:thup: nice case BTW

Which do you recommend most? It seems I am between 3 great coolers. The money isn't really the issue I just want the best cooling for OCing.

Thank you btw. =]

Btw which Frio should I go with if I go with one of those? it seems there are 3-4 of them? o.o

Last edited:
The eclipse III is also a fantastic cooler, to be honest there won't be a huge difference between the three. Generally speaking they rank 1: noctua d14, your phanteks, the 60 dollar thermaltakeFrio overclocking ready and then the thermax. Here's a link that compares the frio and the d14 http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/thermaltake_frio/4.htm

As you can see even between the d14 (best) and the frio (in the top 10 but not best) there isn't a huge difference, six degrees at most. What it really comes down to in the end is how well you can apply thermal compound haha, even with a d14 a crappy thermal compound application will ruin temperatures. I suggest you Google search each cooler you're thinking about and read a few reviews on each and go for the one you like most, you honestly can't go wrong with any of them. If I were buying I'd either get the d14 (because it just is the best) or the frio cause it looks pretty sweet, but that's just me=) sorry if there's any typos this message was posted from a sgh-i777

Going with the Noctua then as it will also save me a few bucks.

Back