• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Phenom II X4 925 Overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks for all the info, appreciate it. I emailed the shop i ordered my parts from and told them to change the mobo to Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 . Can't afford much more than that atm but hopefully it does atleast better than the Asrock 970 Xtreme3.
Good choice, the Sabertooth is a much better board.

Thanks for all the info, appreciate it. I emailed the shop i ordered my parts from and told them to change the mobo to Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 . Can't afford much more than that atm but hopefully it does atleast better than the Asrock 970 Xtreme3.

With pretty good water cooling...you will be well pleased with the Sabertooth 990FX R2.0. And we know what to do with and to it. Glad you could swap that easily. There are too many of us in here with "heavy, heavy-duty water cooling" that bench over 5.0Ghz with the Saberkitty.
Luck man.
RGone....

PS: any company can sell a product that winds up as DOA, but we have seen little issues with the Saberkitty.

This 925 OC was just an fun experiment. = I hear you. I like my experiments to end in buying new parts also.

- I had allready ordered the new parts before i started torturing my 925, just incase you got me wrong :)

Yeah, i have been thinking of adding a fan behind the mobo. My case is Cm692, fits pretty many fans, alltough i've found the cable management to be awful, not much space for cables to go =/

Btw i have a chieftec 80+ 650w psu and i am running single gtx760. Do you think its sufficient for 8320 OC? Got bit worried about the power consumption.

It will be fine for your needs, you'll have to push the cpu over 5.0 before you will have to worry.

Back