• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Phononic CPU Cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The real question (for me) is how HWBot would classify this if it performs well.

Also, it looks like they're only claiming performance equal to a water cooler.

yEAH IT'S NOTHING EARTH SHATTERING ASIDE FROM THE SIZE. The TEC if that's what they're using isn't kicking out negative temps.

yEAH IT'S NOTHING EARTH SHATTERING ASIDE FROM THE SIZE. The TEC if that's what they're using isn't kicking out negative temps.

They mention a peltier, so it's something similar.
I assume they don't drop to the negs because they want to market to everyone instead of just enthusiasts.

Still for a retail of $140USD I would expect a bit more than slightly better than I assume a 120mm AIO. I'm also curious how much heat it might kick into the case from it's TEC style cooling.

Yup...

where do I sign up for a $140 cooler that performs like a $100 AIO?

I wish these would improve a bit/

Yup...

where do I sign up for a $140 cooler that performs like a $100 AIO?

I wish these would improve a bit/

I would say that IF it can actually out perform an AIO it already has improved even if it's just in size alone. The last ones like Scotty linked were huge even the V10 and none of them really worked any better than a good Noctua air cooler

I guess in my feeble head, when I think of TEC/Pelt, I think it darn well should be better than any AIO. We don't know what AIO they are comparing it to either? a 120mm? 2x120mm? Its just too gimmicky (from what little we know) for me in its current state I suppose.

What, you don't want 2 of them and an opportunity for an all expense paid plant tour?

Because its not relevant. The worst Intel CPUs are good down to -100C or so. This cooler has no clue about negative temperatures.

Back