• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pick Up Where I left Off . . . . New setting now for Win 10 v1809 .

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
writes on an ssd haven't been an issue in generations. :)

Indeed but i still use an old 120G Samsung 840(non=pro). And again YMMV. These days its not such an issue as it was back then. :)

Z

Well ok let me put it this way. I see windows 10 as a operating system that way to heavy on cpu's ( maybe i have a crappy setup ), too demanding with updates ( coming from a country that has the second highest data rates in the world ). The interface of it imo has not improved since seven ( Maybe i am used to seven and dont want to change ) . Things that were once easy to change are now hidden in a plethora of unnecessary menus ( Like turning off auto updates lol ). Ironically this is one of the reasons i despise mac. I just think it could have been done better is all. What has mac done? i told you im not a mac fanboy, so i cant say with 100% certainty, but they seemed to have kept their os constant added features dont stray too far from the core of their design. Bloatware is non existent, while with Windows ten its in abundance. Maybe I am getting old and resistant to change like those people i used to laugh at for saying how windows lost it after 95 and XP. I used to think yea its only because thats what YOU grew up with, maybe its the same case here :-/

Ok so guys my windows 7 hp latop recently bit the dust. I was looking at mac but found a really good deal on a dell. Obviosly it had windows 10 on it and as you can see from the garbage i wrote above i was not too happy about it even planning on reistalling a windows 7 operating system on it.

So here is where i eat some humble pie. I gave windows 10 a week. It did a few heavy updates which has now gone to regular updates.
I Love the system, once you get to scratching around windows 10 actually gives you a lot more control than 7 did over various parts of your computer. For development uses in my work its actually far better than 7 was.

Too all whom i argued with I was very very wrong.

I wouldn't say "wrong", per se. An OS is a pretty personal choice, especially if you spend a lot of time on it. You raised good points against it, but the benefits seem to out weigh the negatives for you. That's a win in my book. You get the latest and greatest OS and you like it. :thup:

And there's nothing wrong with having an open mind. Wouldn't kill me to try it once in a while... :D

Back