• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Picked up a 1045T yesterday

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

exactopposite

I had the option to buy a 965 or a 1045T for $100 at microcenter. I went with the 1045T because I do a lot of photo editing (I'm not a gamer) and the extra cores will be put to good use. The CPU I replaced was an Athlon II 620 (quad core 2.6 GHZ stock, no L3 cache) which is now on HTPC duty,

I just installed it this morning and so far I'm getting some pretty good results. I'm stress testing right now at about 3.7 Ghz. I'll let it run overnight and see if it's stable.I tested it earlier today at 3.5 Ghz on stock volts (1.325 volts) and it ran like a champ. It ran prime for 2 hours at that speed, then I started moving up.

My settings for now:
275 x 13.5= 3.712 Ghz
CPU Vcore; 1.375 set in bios. CPU-Z reporting 1.36
HT Link - 1925
CPU-NB - 2475
CPU-NP voltage - 1.25
My ram is a bit underclocked at about 713 mhz right now. If I use the next multi up prime fails immediately even when I loosen the timings. If the cpu shows to be stable at this speed I'll focus on the ram next.

So far it's been about 30 minutes and my load temp is at 47C (about 25C ambient). That should come down a bit when the AS5 "cures".

This board seems to be unable to Post above about 275 or so on the ref clock. If I bump it up to 280 it won't post even if I bring down the ht link, cpu-nb, and ram speeds AND increase the vcore to 1.45. The highest I ever got stable with the previous cpu on this board was 277 (with a 13 multi, the cpu was running at 3.6). So maybe I'm stuck at this speed on this board. I'll have to test it more to find out. I'd definitely be content to have it stable where it is now though.

No, that board won't go higher than 275 HT Reference. It's a low end chipset. Be careful with your CPU voltage. There are no mosfet sinks on that board I would imagine. No problem with 1.375 but I wouldn't go higher than 1.45.

No, that board won't go higher than 275 HT Reference. It's a low end chipset. Be careful with your CPU voltage. There are no mosfet sinks on that board I would imagine. No problem with 1.375 but I wouldn't go higher than 1.45.

Thanks for the reply. I originally bought this board for a budget HTPC build a few years ago, but it ended up in my main pc (long story). So it has really exceeded my expectations. I was surprised to see how well this board overclocked in the review on hardware canucks, but my board never did as well. I have this chip overclocked from 2.7 to 3.7 so have no complaints.

Link to the overclocking review of this board: http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/foru...-ma770-ud3-am2-am3-motherboard-review-10.html

Back