• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pictures of first water-cooled build "The Valkyrie"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well, that's not really a push/pull. A push/pull is when you have one fan in front of the radiator pushing air in and one behind the radiator pulling air out. Here's a pic of my benching rig radiator in push/pull.

Don't feel bad for making mistakes, especially if you're new to this. We all start somewhere and please don't think that I was making fun at your expense.

IMG_20181109_165944.jpg

Last edited:
Correction of front fans question.

Blaylock,

No worries Brah, advice, recommendations etc are all appreciated. However, :D the question still remains, lol. Do you recommend making both the front fans intake, or should I flip them, ie top fan exhaust and bottom fan intake?

Thanks

Gordon

Blaylock,

No worries Brah, advice, recommendations etc are all appreciated. However, :D the question still remains, lol. Do you recommend making both the front fans intake, or should I flip them, ie top fan exhaust and bottom fan intake?

Thanks

Gordon

Bottom and front intake, top and back exhaust. You want either a balance of both or more intakes for positive pressure because you don't want your stuff caked in dust over time which can be a pain to remove and degrade performance all around.

Just make sure you have filters on the intakes and none at the exhaust end. If there's a filter for the top, you could leave it on and have those fans as intake so they're taking in fresh air as well and just use the rear as exhaust. Either or is fine.

I thought the front radiator was a pump.

The pump is a just under the cylinder reservoir at the bottom.

Guys,

Got it. I'll change the fans around, your right about the dust, the place I live is horrible for dust, I'm already seeing some buildup, fortunately the front, top and bottom have dust filters built into the case.

Hope the additional pictures and diagram were helpful AnimeMania.

Gordon

Back