• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pictures of My setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
System looks nice. I like the Res in the drive bay. That neon green makes it kinda jump out at you.

Those cases are so nice and roomy. Easy to hide wires and have plenty of space left over. My chieftec is so crowded now.

Ok i just looked at it again and saw a huge problem! the pump is pumping straight into the res!!.

You need to turn the pump around so the res is on the suction side and the blocks are on the pressure side or you will get very poor performance. the way it is setup atm the pump is having to suck the water through the blocks and rad and pumps dont work well sucking.

slater3333uk said:
Ok i just looked at it again and saw a huge problem! the pump is pumping straight into the res!!.

You need to turn the pump around so the res is on the suction side and the blocks are on the pressure side or you will get very poor performance. the way it is setup atm the pump is having to suck the water through the blocks and rad and pumps dont work well sucking.

I agree. That will definatly hurt performance.

the suction side is parallel to the bottom of your case, on the side of the pump. Your res should be hooked up to that. And idealy you would want your outlet, the top of the pump, to go directly to the cpu, or to heatercore then cpu.

Can you mount the pump onto of the res? That would eliminate some tubing, though you would still have a long *** tube from the gpu back to the res....

xfoureyedgeek said:
how do i make the res on the suction side?

Very easy. All you need to do is turn the pump around 90deg so the inlet is facing up and connect that to the Res. Then connect the outlet to the block :)

Back