• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pierre3400's Enthoo Primo Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah CES is nearly finished so soon after you could get something coming into the Market place, best to wait!

Ajay.

I have been following closely, nothing suggest new GPU's until AMD do anything about it. Nvidia have the market cornered with the 970's, the price range is great.

What i have been doing is looking at used Titan, but the price they sit at, i might as well just go and buy 970's non ref cards. I would be losing 2gb ram, but getting better components for the long run.
I have been looking at the 970 HOF cards, only problem is the size of the fan. Since I will need to start off having them aircooled I cant fit 2 cards in my rig due to it being dual slot and HOF going above that.

But yes, my luck hasnt changed when it comes to builds. I want this build to be my final build for a long time, but thats changes now, its just an above average build now due to issues. Bright side has to be that i got rid of the 7970's at above market value, so that im ready to step up.

The Asus Strix card is playing in my mind, but i need to get some measurements on it.

Moving right along.

Today i ordered the first of 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked 2.0. I will be getting the other ordered, hopefully next week, when i get the rest of the money i need for it.
I will be getting EKWB full cover blocks for these cards, and XSPC backplates, as i like the XSPC look more. These cards will then also in time be connected with en EVGA Pro 2way bridge.

Once all this is in, then i will make new water tubes and all should be looking nice and clean by the end.

Great news Pierre things are looking to go forward, hopefully there is no snags putting it together and testing it!

Best of Luck.

Ajay.

Good idea i remember someone else fitting the WC BLOCKS only to find out he had a bad GPU and had to RMA Pierre! Stick 1 GPU at a time in slot 1 and compare results plus look @ the asic 75% is not bad.

Ajay.

Card has arrived today, just need to pick it up from post office. Checked out ASIC on my soon to be old 670's, one was 89, other 81, so no bad. But that rig is sold as of today.

So the PM and the Video helped well at least you can see what kinda quality you have, looking forward to seeing the new cards. I hope you post some Photo's later on as its been a while, and i have lost touch with all the new Hardware.

Kind Regards,

Ajay.

Give us some numbers when you can my friend just like to see how it runs and what you think of its performance as well!

Ajay.

So the 980 has Asic 72%, apart from that, i got system freezing up constantly now, i do believe the amd drivers have something to say, plus maybe a bios update and what not. Cant be bothered, getting my second card next week, then i'll work on format and reinstall.

From what you are saying it does not sound too positive at all, your sounding disappointed after spending that much amount of money on a high value card Pierre. That ASIC is not to great either from what you telling me, here is mine just below. At 80.1% its some what better than that new card you have, but it depends if your going to use that on AIR or WC in your case my friend. :shrug:

AS IT SAY'S HIGHER OC ON LN2/DICE/WC! :salute:

Snap 2015-01-24 at 05.41.25.png

Regards,

Ajay.

Last edited:
Nice run there looks like things are slowly getting better, had some nice runs myself and scored some more points on the HWbot with this laptop i have. Will let you do some more work now and catch up later Pierre.

Ajay.

Well, it appears my hardware killing rig has claimed its next victim. This time my Samsing 840 Pro seems to be dieing. Still testin, but it seems likly.

Back