• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pixelated Web Text

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mastametz

I'm working on this website

http://www.phantomofpower.com/

several people have told me that all the text on the site looks really pixelated for them, and showed me screenshots off it. It looks horrible. but not to me. and I can't figure out why. It renders perfectly for me in any browser, and it seems screwed up for other people. I've tried a bunch of different tricks, code fixes/ hacks, google fonts, web fonts, this font, that font, disabling text shadowing, everything.

I have no ****ing idea what is going on.
I even went as far as disabling Cleartype in Windows, and also disabling all anti-aliasing done through my video card software.
I can't recreate what other people are seeing.
I have no idea what's going on.

This is how it looks for me in IE, Chrome, and Firefox
gIHJTfF.png

Your site looks absolutely fine to me. o_O

What resolution(s) are those peoples' monitors running at? I'm running at 1080p on an LED-backlit IPS screen.

tell your customers that commodores are oudated by a few years. surprised they could pull up a web page. they must be good. :D

Looks fine to me at any resolution. I'll have some people test it again and find out what they're running as far as res/browser/OS, and get a copy of the screenshot where it's all pixelated, then I'll post again. Thanks for looking.

XhTLJWH.jpg.png

This is what some other people are seeing.

Compare the links on the left in this image, vs the image in the OP.

I can't figure it out.

As a test, I'd send your screenshot to them, and ask if it looks any better. If it does, then we know the pixelation is being caused by a flash / java / whateverthebleep software problem. If the jpg/png looks just as bad, we know it is a rendering issue (caused by drivers or old hardware). Have them open the picture using windows, and then try it with their web browser.

They've seen my screenshot, and it looks fine to them. I'll have them download the image and open it in Windows and see if it looks any different.

Ask them to check their fonts for "Trebuchet MS" (according to your CSS).

I dunno what I was talking about when I said "image". There is no image-based-text, except for the banner.

I was originally using a Google Webfont but after I was told it wasn't rendering correctly, I read about it and there are many accounts of aliasing being a problem, so I tried a few fixes for that, and nothing fixed what my friends were seeing, so I reverted a standard web-safe font (Trebuchet MS is a Web-Safe font) but that didn't fix it, either. I tried a few different fonts, (Times, Arial) nothing worked.

I'm still at a loss. I would like to dismiss it as just a fluke case, but I can't when 2 people I know are seeing the text render that way, and they have not seen an issue on any other site, so apparently it's something I'm doing... sigh.

Back