• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

please advice !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

c00l3st

i see + 2-4c on my cpu and gpu after cleaning heat sinks and applying the same ammount of thermal paste on them. any ideas ?
i have also noticed that whenever i try to increase the fan speed for both cpu and gpu instead of temps going down it goes up ! wth !

please do tell me if this should be on the general hardware section.

yes it is really working. as the fan noise get louder the temps get higher. i re applied the gpu's paste and its now back on its regular 35c idle temp. weeew now im wondering whats up with my cpu getting 32c idle that was 29c before. maybe i need to wait till the paste settles down cause its new ?

3*c difference shouldn't be of any concern and almost falls into a margin of error due to possible fluctuations in ambient room temperatures.

What case do you have?

The reason I ask is because without good case airflow you could be recycling hot sir within the case at higher fan speeds. Just my ¢.02

its a circle volcano case. comes with 2side 1front 120mm 2100rpm intake , and 1 rear exhaust of the same

Back