• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please get nVidia to Acknowledge, diagnose, and Fix this issue! Please read.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ASUS Commando 8800GTS Superclocked 320
ASUS P5B-E 8800GTS Superclocked 320
Gigabyte 965P-DS3 8800GTS Superclocked 320

Absolutely no isses except a problem when installing the cards and using both DVi ports.

I had to remove the secondary DVi cable, install the software reboot, set the primary display correctly, reboot and install the second DVi cable, set the secondary display correctly and reboot. On one card I had to do this twice.

All are working fine in both Vista and XP.

Awesome Overclock Tool I made

Here's my cool tool: http://www.trickmasterpc.org/downloads/Striker-Extreme-OC-Tool.xls

Hey I found a solution to kill the BSOD problem.

1) Boot in VGA Mode (F8 at windows start-up)
2) Uninstall all Nvidia Drivers (Video and Chipset)
3) Use Driver Cleaner Pro and Nasty File Remover to clean the system of all Nvidia Driver Files.
4) Reboot into Windows (Not VGA or Safe Mode)
5) Install the Nvidia Chipset Drivers and Reboot
6) Run Nasty File Remover one more time and delete only the nv4disp.dll even though you deleted it previously windows loads it again. (Do not reboot)
6) Install the Nvidia Graphic Card Drivers and Reboot

Note* Check your BIOS settings sometimes the FSB and Memory 1:1 link will cause crashes and lock-ups.

I've had this problem for so long with my 7600gs and then I bought a 7600gt, which was going smooth, even through vista until today when I put in my new opteron 170. Now I get this same error in Oblivion after like 10 minutes or so. If I would have known this was nVidia being ignorant I never would have bought their cards again... but now I guess I'm stuck.

Rattle said:
probably just got a bad card, this is the first I have heard of it on these forums and I know at least 6 people that dont even frequent forums with this cards without issue. Stop trying to stop people from buying 8800's and rma your card.

This issue involves your combination of CPU, memory, motherboard and video card. Like I said above, 3000+ Winchester and 7600gt, no problems, Opteron 170 and 7600gt, instant problems.

Back