• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Please help and advise!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ajay57

Over the last 2 weeks my Win 7 64 Bit has, just been suddenly shutting down or a black screen of death! Since i have never seen this before i do not really know what to do about it. During the shut downs win 7 has been running disk checks and no bad sectors was found. Or any corrupt data was found, and would restart itself, so do i have a problem with my OS or with my SSD going down hill. If so what if any would be the fix or solution to this problem? thanks AJ. :shrug: :thup:

Did you ever do a firmware upgrade to the Crucial drive?
Ha that's funny I see you posted in that thread about the new firmware. What a coincidence.
There could be other cause like drivers or PSU any changes lately. Or windows updates

No, never still on Firmware 0009 as what came with the SSD, Johan my friend. I was thinking whether to up grade this time round! Or am i looking at a new replacement?

That would depend on how corrupt it is. You may be able to flash it and do a windows restore. This is my first SSD so I don't have a whole lot of experience with them and never a failure.

Well thanks for dropping by and offering to help me, i will wait for some more opinions and see what the results will be. If i need to will just by a new one and up grade in size as well, because prices on 256GB has come down recently. Thanks.

Yeah they seem a solid unit Johan, maybe not as fast as some but OK for the price.

AJ,

Can you run a digital multi-meter test on your power supply using a free molex plug? Symptoms are similar. This would quickly eliminate or confirm your power supply.

OK thanks everyone will take a look at all the suggestions and will try to come back to you later respect. AJ.

P,S. Its 9pm here nearly time to go and sign off so will catch you all later bye for now!

Last edited:
I've seen black screens of death before and the culprit was a failing SSD. Funny thing was that the SSD passed the extended SMART tests during the crashing just before it died completely.... Makes you think that whatever was causing the fault in the SSD was not testable.

Here is a up date on what ive done, just up dated the Firmware this AM to 070H on my Crucial SSD. Will give this a try for a couple of days and see if the problem stops. AJ. ;) :thup:

P.S. Also will check out the PSU as per RT has said!

Last edited:
Just testing it out over the next few days Johan thanks for checking back with us. Will post in here if there any changes. Respect AJ.

Back