• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please help! I have what i think is a HD problem.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

coolcatsithe

O.K. Here's the story. I have two hard drives one is an 80 gig WD and the other (newer) is a SATA 250gig WD. I have my windows and running programs on the 80gig and I use the big one for storage, but for certain reasons I partitioned the 250 gig right in half so i have two sides more/less about 125gigs. I am currently using one half of the 250gig for storing my software,music,movies and pictures. I've spent a long time collecting what i have on here and I REALLY do not want to lose it all. (sorry for the filler)

What happeend now, I formatted recently and I got back into windows, still using the 80gig HD as my primary. Windows will only recognize just one half of the storage drive (the empty half). I ran Western Digitial Data Lifeguard and I told Windows to see hardrives over a certain capacity, but it still only will see the empty partition alone. I'm really frustrated and I don't know much about this type of problem. Please help me.

Thanks

Back