• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please help me.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Daddyjaxx

I'm selling a res and pump combo on Feebay and this guy is asking me like 50 questions about water-cooling. Apparently he has an aluminum radiator and he thought PT Nuke would stop corrosion. I've already told him to take his time and learn before water-cooling. He has absolutely zero clue what he's doing. He was amazed when I told him reservoirs/pumps generally do not come with fittings. What stinks is he's local. If he wins and comes to pick it up, I'm closing my bedroom door and I'll say...what do you mean you can water cool a computer? I should charge him like 200.00 to do it for him. :) I take that back. He has water-cooed a CPU..... with a Corsair H100.

Last edited:
Sounds like you found a permanent new friend. Just be prepared to be bombarded with questions. Best way to scare them away, tell them you sell your watercooling services for $300.

That will scare him away considering if he wins, he can't pay until he makes a deposit in his account to cover the Paypal charge. It's like 40-50 bucks. I gave him a link for a nice anti corrosion fluid and mentioned just using 50/50 antifreeze with DI. I made the mistake of mentioning Pentosin because it's blue......I actually bought a liter a long time ago.

Tell him you'll devour the soul of his pc, forever haunting his dreams, inducing cold-sweat nightmares.

Tell him what happens when your water cooling system leaks onto your $1200 titan-Xp, and drops into his 750 watt psu, causing a voltage spike of 40 volts on the 3.33v line, killing his cpu, Ram, Mobo, and whatever else the psu is hooked up to.

Tell him of the horror stories...Nay, SHOW him the horror stories of a botched routine maintenance loop drain, which kills the pump with a massive air pocket.

If that doesn't scare him away, Send him to us, for he will have proven himself worthy. :)

Tell him you'll devour the soul of his pc, forever haunting his dreams, inducing cold-sweat nightmares.

Tell him what happens when your water cooling system leaks onto your $1200 titan-Xp, and drops into his 750 watt psu, causing a voltage spike of 40 volts on the 3.33v line, killing his cpu, Ram, Mobo, and whatever else the psu is hooked up to.

Tell him of the horror stories...Nay, SHOW him the horror stories of a botched routine maintenance loop drain, which kills the pump with a massive air pocket.

If that doesn't scare him away, Send him to us, for he will have proven himself worthy. :)

So much win here. :D

You're killing me. :) He won the auction too. I think I'll get a smoke bomb and set it of by my PC when he gets here and say see.... look what happens when you get a leak. Do they sell a deodorizer that comes in burnt electronics scent? :)

I think it is some young kid. He's trying to piece together parts from ebay, which is fine, but I'd like to see his aluminum rads. I found the a set of 3/8" fittings and clamps that come with an MCP35X. At least these are metal and not plastic like the old ones.

Back