• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

plz help me benchmark my RAM --- SiSoftware Sandra + HWINFO64

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dobbled

I have recently built my PC and I am struggling to benchmark my RAM. It's important to me to benchmark so that I can figure out if my A-XMP profile is working. In the BIOS of my MSI Tomahawk B350 (version 1.7), my DDR speed is listed as 2933 mhz. I have a dual channel pair of 16gb G.Skill 3000. The memory is compatible with my mobo.

But HWINFO64 says this super low sub 2000mhz speed (see memory speed on the right):
HwInfoRAMTestHelp.PNG

And SiSoftware Sandra says this (and I am thoroughly confused by why so many modules are listed):
SiSoftSandraRAMTestHelp.PNG

Maybe I am using these programs incorrectly? Someone please advise me on how to interpret the data (especially Sandra) or recommend a RAM benchmark more digestible for a noob to PC building / gaming.

EDIT 1:
Here is a snap of my BIOS where it says 2933 mhz
MSI_SnapShot.jpg

Last edited:
Post a screen shot of the following tabs in Cpu-Z, Spd and Memory so we can see what the timings should be. Other then that, I wouldn't worry about benchmarking the RAM. You're not trying to run them above their rated speed, so they should be just fine. If you're really a stickler for testing the RAM use memtest.

Just to add to that. The super low sub 2000 speed is actually correct. 1466 is the actual speed but DDR (double data rate) carrys info at double the actual ram speed which would be 2933 so what you are seeing is correct

Back