• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Power Problem? MA790X-UD4P

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

copernicus

Just picked up this mobo, with a PII X2 550 BE, and a HD 5850, got it installed and keep getting 1 short beep over and over about 3-4 seconds apart, according to the manual that should mean a power problem, this is the power supply, same one in my sig.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817104015

was working just fine with parts in my sig just 2 hours before, I' ve got both the 4 pin cpu connected and the 20+4 main, also both pcie connected. and don't have a spare to try :bang head
hoping to not rma this board or have to get a new power supply.
any help or ideas are most appreciated

Have you tried w/ just one stick of RAM installed to the first DIMM slot closest to the CPU?

thnx for the tip:thup: sorry for delay back was an extremely busy week:bang head

the mobo does not like my ballistix from my sig, would not work in any slot.
remembered i had some mushkin ddr2 800 in a box, broke it out and tried it and it booted first try, updated bios and tried the ballistix again and still a no go (i think it is seriously undervolting it my 790fx board did it too would boot was not stable till i raised the voltage) so i'm stuck with the ddr2 800 for now.

one bright spot, i got all four cores unlocked and so far so good @3114mhz @1.425v:bday: still gotta run p95 for a lengthy test, passed 30 min so far and passed 20 min on occt

one bad thing, i can not get any temp readings now, coretemp read fine when it is dua,l but as quad it only shows 0:screwy:

Put in mushkin raise the voltages then try balistix again , set loose settings to make sure the sticks boot tweak afterward :)

Back