• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Power Supply 13 years old, should I be concerned?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
They are now. I find it aggravating that EOL and warranty are frequently the same time span. Warranties used to be for the occasional (inevitable) "Monday build" of a product. They were supposed to catch the occasional "oopsie", not be the obsolescence goal post.

For 1 card gpu gamers, its perfectly fine. Besides, the build quality of the board is to do with other features/functionality on the board. Chipset being only one aspect of that product.

The old Giga P55 board I mentioned is made in Taiwan. Perhaps that could have something to do with it?
right.. all I'm saying is you are comparing a lower, budget oriented chipset ame comparing it to a flagship chipset amd higher quality board.

All the old people say they weren't built like they used to be.. :p

Most of my shyte has lasted well past its warranty. There's always a few that dont... but I think boards are BETTER made today than many of those from back when...not all of course but there are some beefy boards with good tech on them..

right.. all I'm saying is you are comparing a lower, budget oriented chipset ame comparing it to a flagship chipset amd higher quality board.

All the old people say they weren't built like they used to be.. :p

Most of my shyte has lasted well past its warranty. There's always a few that dont... but I think boards are BETTER made today than many of those from back when...not all of course but there are some beefy boards with good tech on them..

The board in my sig is the flagship product for B450 line of MSI mobos ( at leas in 2018). As far as I'm concerned, & practically speaking, it's too early to tell in it's lifespan if the product wont go the distance with daily usage.

Another interesting aspect of the older P55 Gigabyte mobo I mentioned is how heavy the board is & the quality of the plastic fittings on that board are different to what you see in mobos today. Btw, the board still boots up & OC's just fine even though it was used for heavy benching back in its day.

Back