• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Power supply?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jlinker

Registered
I just bought two Corsair VS1GB400C3 1GB DDR400 PC3200 CAS3 Value Select Memory and am running them dual channel on a MSI NVIDIA nForce2 Ultra 400 board.

I'm having problems with the computer either rebooting on isn't own out of the blue or when playing a game like BF2, The Sims 2 or MOHAA the game will play for about 20minutes then quit. Placing me back at the desktop with NO error message explaining what happend like I wasn't even running a game.

I've tested each stick of ram by it's self and could not get the computer to reboot or crash. The ram runs get by it's self :( Ram is running at 3-3-3-8 at 2.5v just like it's suppose to.

Here's my system setup,
MSI K7N2 Delta2-FSR
AMD 3200+ Barton not oc'ed
2 Maxtor 160gig HD's
1 LG DVD Burner
Evga 6600GT
4 Case Fans
ENERMAM 350watt power supply 3.3v+5v = 185watts

Any ideas as to why I'm having this problem? Power supply?

I don't know, any help would be awesome! Thanks :shrug:

Have you done any video card stability testing? That might be your problem. The PSU is a likely suspect too.

I don't know what my video card temp is. It doesn't show in the Nvidia display setting like my old one did. Is there a program out there that I could use to check? Also I don't think it's the video card due to I keep my side panel off most of the time.

Video card stability testing. No, I haven't tried that but also don't have or no of any programs out there to test it with.

Each stick of ram runs great by it's self. It's only when I use both sticks together.

And I want to run 2gigs :bang head

Back