• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Powercolor 7990 - Freezing Games

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hi, I am experiencing exact same problem. Will start playing a game and the PC just freezes on me. If I leave it for a while, 1-3 min it does start responding again. Its just annoying to have paid so much for a game card and then have to fight these issues.

I also did the same formatted my PC and still same problem. I do however also suspect that the problem could be power related. I have found that when the screen freezes like this the Green power light on the top of the card also goes off.

I am currently running a 850W PSU, Asus Rampage 4, Intel i7 3820 with 6 Gig RAM. I also have 6 Hard drives with V6 Coolmaster CPU cooler. I also have neon lights, turn them off and it started happening less, however its happening often again.

Will be investing in a 1250W PSU in december just hope some one can led some light on this and if bigger PSU will help?

listen to the advice i gave. get msi-afterburner and bump the mv/voltage on the card some try like 1150-1175mv and see if the card stops locking up or what ever other issues its having.

New problem encountered:
Battlefield 4 won't run. I've updated to Catalyst Beta 8 drivers, and launched BF4 (both campaign and multiplayer), computer crashed (gave blue screen).
I tried overvolting and underclocking, that didn't work.
Battlefield 3 worked fine, though.

Back