• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Powernow! with crystal cpuid works for mobile barton it seems...............

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aihyah

with the use of crystalcpuid http://crystalmark.info/download.html

set clock management settings, then enable it. mine fluxes from 2.2ghz to 400mhz. drops the cpu temp by no small amount, and thats even with my voltage locked because i have a lousy ecs m/b that can't pull that stunt. so stuck at 1.85v

probably not as good as the opteron solution ..but might as well use this mobile feature no?

without it, i run 44c~ with it, 35c~ web surfing... 31c~ more or less idle.

this seems to be the only software solution right? amd had some powernow! software on their site, but it was only for non windows xp oddly enough.

any program that can change multipliers on the fly will work on SiS chipsets. it only doesn't work on nForce2.
GCPUID can do this as well.

If you download the "new" K7 processor driver then you can make Windows automatically lower the multiplier when it's idle by enabling something or other in the control panel, forgot what exactly :)

[q]
If you download the "new" K7 processor driver then you can make Windows automatically lower the multiplier when it's idle by enabling something or other in the control panel, forgot what exactly [/q]

thats what i thought too. i downloaded that new update....and then turned power mangement into laptop settings. nothing happened:(

I think you have to DL special software from AMD
just look on AMD's website in Mobile XP section

i did go there. they have powernow software for all but windows xp

Back