• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Presler 940 in the bat computer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hey batboy!

Fantastic result!!! It shows me, that it was the right decision for me to order a 940.
My P5WD2-E Premium is still waiting in my stacker. :)

Kind regards,
uBi

ubi said:
Hey batboy!

Fantastic result!!! It shows me, that it was the right decision for me to order a 940.
My P5WD2-E Premium is still waiting in my stacker. :)

Kind regards,
uBi

Where did you get P5WD2-E Premium? That's i975 right?

i think there is a thread or 2 in general cpu's that could use some first hand input on the 9xx's and how they are performing. it would be nice to see some overclocked benches vs. overclocked benches.

^^ Wow. Are you in Germany or Europe? Those things are impossible to find in the US.

@ bat: holy crappers, that is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! If it would run anywhere near there stable on water or phase, I'd chuck this nice CM in a second for another Presler. I WISH I had gone over 1.50Vc on the 930...I'll bet it would've rocked a solid 4.6GHz on water @ 1.55Vc no problem. I saw that 4.8GHz suicide at just 1.50Vc...I could've seen 5GHz if I wasn't such a wuss with Vc, especially if I tossed 1.60Vc to it :bang head

batboy said:
Ok, I bought a voodoo charm to ward away evil, so I cranked up the vcore to about 1.55v (give or take) actual measured. Bumped up the clock speed to 4618 MHz. I was able to run PCmark2004 and Super Pi numerous times. I forgot that I was playing Call of Duty yesterday, so I had the vid card quality settings cranked up. Think that's why I have a lower PCmark2004 score than what I posted at 4.5 gig. Didn't feel like changing my settings because I'm going to play again in a few minutes. By the way, gaming is definitely better on this Presler than on my old Prescott. I got about 500 more points in 3Dmark2003 comparing them at the same speeds.

Presler-PCmark2004-4618.jpg

I also posted a new Super Pi record of 27 seconds. Yippee!

Decided to try a suicide attempt to 5 gig before I regained my senses and returned the vcore to sane levels. Well, no way could I hit 5 gig, but I got sort of close with 4937 MHz (at about 1.6v yikes). Ok, that's enough of the crazy voltages. Kids, don't try this at home.

Presler-CPUZ-4937.JPG

Holy crap! Awesome! Throw that baby in the freezer for a little bit and try again for 5 :santa:

Ross said:
^^ Wow. Are you in Germany or Europe? Those things are impossible to find in the US.

@ bat: holy crappers, that is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! If it would run anywhere near there stable on water or phase, I'd chuck this nice CM in a second for another Presler. I WISH I had gone over 1.50Vc on the 930...I'll bet it would've rocked a solid 4.6GHz on water @ 1.55Vc no problem. I saw that 4.8GHz suicide at just 1.50Vc...I could've seen 5GHz if I wasn't such a wuss with Vc, especially if I tossed 1.60Vc to it :bang head

My local comp store in Toronto is posting a jan 21s delivery date for p5wd2-e premium at $364.99 canadian.Crap thats alot of money, $100 more than the p5wd2 premium.
http://www.pccanada.com/viewitem.asp?id=4258

Thanks ubi. Someone found a site in the US that says they are in stock...waiting to hear whether that's true or not ;)

Thanks for running the test guys.

Further to Larva's observations, bear in mind that P4's have always been better at most video type operations due to the longer pipeline etc. In spite of this prior to Pressler I would have still recommended people go the AMD route. Not any longer as Intel have finally put out a decent dual core, with acceptable heat levels.

Alas I have already plumped for a Opteron 165 as this is by far the most cost effective way for me to upgrade to a dual core platform plus I still like to play the odd game. However, the 920's are so far proving to be an excellent and relatively inexpensive DC chip which I wouldn't fail to recommend in a heart beat.

Batboy I will give you till the end of the year when you get tired of the chip before putting in an offer for it. ;)

Last edited:
I didn't realize this is where those numbers were coming from in the other dual core thread. That divx-dvd app has got to be single threaded, right? There's no WAY I should be able to hang with a dual core with much less clock speed on a multi-thread app:

661 single core @ 5.3GHz: FPS 110.4(x3.68)
661 single core @ 5.4GHz: FPS 112.3(x3.75)

Correct Ross this is single threaded. There are other video apps like Mainconcept that utilise dual core. They claim that you get a 25% boost in performance.

Last edited:
Wam said:
Batboy I will give you till the end of the year when you get tired of the chip before putting in an offer for it. ;)

It's yours after the Conroe arrives. ;)

:) nice scores batboy . hope my 940 will do as good.getting it most likely tommorrow .what batche is it? or are they all the same batch for now? any others with the 940?

Batch code (L541B274) and pack date (12/22/05) was was listed in the first post. Only one stepping revision so far. A couple of forum members have mentioned they have 940's ordered, so keep an eye open for their posts in the near future. If you go back to post #95 in this thread, Hyperasus recently got a 940 and his results are very similar to mine.

My board allows me to go down to 1.1875v. I'm not even sure what default vcore is on this cpu. Tell me the voltage and I'll see how high it can clock(pcmark04 stable) at that voltage setting.

Last edited:
Back