• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3.2C in the bat computer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

batboy

Senior Moment
I change CPUs as often as some people change underwear. Here is my latest play toy.

3.20GHZ/512/800
SL792 Malay
L336F401
1.55v default and 30 caps

Stuck it in and went straight to 3.4 gig. I'm not messin' around here. Temps were low, so kicked it up to 3.8 gig with one bump in vcore and I'm stable. Will it hit 4 gig? Stay tuned for the next post on this same bat channel.

Last edited:
Jeez, I'm cursed! Can only run 3.9 gig stable. I can get into Windows with no problem at 4 gig and I got a CPU-Z screenie, but it's not stable... not even with high voltage. Going to burn it in and let the AS settle for a day or so. I updated my siggy. This is the watercooled rig.

i saw a 3.2E for sale in the classifieds ;)

lol man you have the worst luck in getting 4ghz.
i will one day soon have you convinced to go phase change man! i swear as much as you spend on trying differant cpus you would actually save money.

you should see what 4.3ghz looks like! i had firefox browser spazzing out and the gifs were running 100X faster than normal for some reason and i kept thinking it was funny.
so for me 4.3ghz does look and act differant.why firefox spazzes out i dont know.

deathstar, youre the devil! dont remind me about getting into phase change again..well, we overclockers are the hardest people to satisfy....what more can i say...seriously, after having an actual encounter with a prescott, i had the thought of getting a prommy again- or get rid of the prescott and get a 3.2c as its replacement..

Jojo1971 said:
deathstar, youre the devil! dont remind me about getting into phase change again..well, we overclockers are the hardest people to satisfy....what more can i say...seriously, after having an actual encounter with a prescott, i had the thought of getting a prommy again- or get rid of the prescott and get a 3.2c as its replacement..
what people buy is always a personal decision.
but i will add this my 3.0E i have does 3.9ghz stable at default vcore.
with your cpu id almost bet it would do 4-4.1ghz at default vcore.

i really want a 3.2E to try myself.but at a point anymore i almost feel greedy :D
but once these cores hit subzero they love it and fly.and i havent been working with miracle cpus either,rather batboys old hand me downs :)

I wonder what my 3.2 ES would do in deathstar's proomy unit? Hmmmmm

Pntgrd just wishes UPS hadn't rescheduled delivery on the AI7. It was supposed to arrive today but the have now revised delivery out to Monday. I am anxious to see what I have.
I guess what I will have to play with is how to Pencil-mod my X800. The Softmod opened up the other 4 pipes but I cannot get to the XT speeds. Since Batboy is here in KS also, maybe I should just run it over and let him show me how to do it. ;)

Last edited:
Pntgrd said:
Pntgrd just wishes UPS hadn't rescheduled delivery on the AI7. It was supposed to arrive today but the have now revised delivery out to Monday. I am anxious to see what I have.
I guess what I will have to play with is how to Pencil-mod my X800. The Softmod opened up the other 4 pipes but I cannot get to the XT speeds. Since Batboy is here in KS also, maybe I should just run it over and let him show me how to do it. ;)
umm mabey not a good idea taking the cpu to the bat cave!
if it hits 4ghz what do you think your chances are of leaving alive and with a cpu in your hand?
i once heard he pays starving 3rd world children to hunt the streets for 4ghz cpu's people are selling,and wont feed them until he gets one!

now this all may be a lie i dunno? lol :D
you cant be no more impatient than me tho.but good luck on the cpu i bet it does well.

No, NO, you misunderstood. I am not dumb enough to take an ES to the Batcave. I was talking about doing the Pencil-mod on an X800 :)

Have you tried a 3.4 Northwood yet, batboy? I'd try that before a 3.2, since the former comes from the top bin, while the latter falls in the 'not quite' category.

No, I gave up the quest for now. Once I get another computer sold, I might try a Prescott 3.2E D0, who knows?

4ghz

deathstar13 said:
i saw a 3.2E for sale in the classifieds ;)
You should see what 4.3ghz looks like! i had firefox browser spazzing out and the gifs were running 100X faster than normal for some reason and i kept thinking it was funny.
so for me 4.3ghz does look and act differant.why firefox spazzes out i dont know.

I know I had this old 1845 up to 4.12g on a 2.66g chip, the same damn thing happened and games freaked out, after a BIOS mod -Because Albatron never could do one right ;) At first I thought it was the OS (still may be), but I have seen several other people see the same thing after 4ghz. So I settled on something comfortable....BTW -I'm looking hard at that 3.2C, looks sweet and the A17 ABIT.

{Edit} -Don't know about that Prescott, apparently you will need some really serious cooling -But I would also like to hear from anyone who runs higher than 4ghz that have not had that 'freakin out' thing happen? What OS and DDR, video card & mobo? -Preferaby in dual channel.

Last edited:
KiwiRack said:
I know I had this old 1845 up to 4.12g on a 2.66g chip

yuh huh.. :rolleyes:

4.12 outta a 2.66?? jokes right?? with a multi of x20 you'd have to get 206fsb outta that i845 chipset. aka BULL.

Last edited:
Back