• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Price of wood?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well, that goes by thickness, size(width X height), material wanted, as in "good one side" plywood, or just construction grade. Then there's the "species" of wood you want, when it comes to plywood.

What are you building?

Depends on the thickness and size of the sheet you want, plywood will be more expensive than particle board, a 10x12 sheet of 3/4" plywood will cost around $30, give or take a few bucks.

i like particle board, they usually seperated into different grades depend upon the "size" of the wood chip in the board, i usually go for the smaller grain wood chip because it's more compact and it's stronger. They are 4' by 8', and it's about 25 dollar, you can get them to cut for you too.

warlock110 said:
i like particle board, they usually seperated into different grades depend upon the "size" of the wood chip in the board, i usually go for the smaller grain wood chip because it's more compact and it's stronger. They are 4' by 8', and it's about 25 dollar, you can get them to cut for you too.

Chip board, particle board, or OSB(oriented strand board) is fine for roofing and flooring, but not so good for building anything such as furniture/a computer case. You can't really sand it, painting it is a joke, and it's not very strong to begin with. Structurally, OSB is very weak, it can't take pressure applied to it's "face", it will bend and snap. It's also prone to swelling, just from humidity, never mind actually getting wet.

Back