• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pride tastes sour

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WhitehawkEQ

Premium Member
I had to swallow my pride and order RTX 3080 XC3 Black from Amazon for 1629.99. So some time next week, I'll have the card and see what this puppy does. It's the KL version.

I prefer sour over bitter to be sure. My 3080 Ti is doing around 5 mil ppd.

3080's here non Ti between 4 and 7 million depending on WU. You'll be right up there again. I would have sold mine for $1000:drool:(and an AIO to go with it):)

WOW, I just check Amazon and they have 1 left and they want 2275.99 for it, I'm glad I got mine for 1629.99 when I did.

The plan when I get this card is on 1 of my Intel systems where I have 2 GTX 1080 cards in it, is to remove the 1080's and put the 3080 in and install Win 10, currently running Win 7.

When I've tried to get into Linux, I had too hard a time getting GPU drivers installed. I just said "Nuts" to it and stayed with Windows. I want this to be fun and not a chore.

Personally I've been looking to build up my farm again but using 3060's. It will be a while before I see them down to a price that I'm willing to spend on them but the plan is in motion but on pause. The base hardware is there, just waiting on a better GPU market.

When I've tried to get into Linux, I had too hard a time getting GPU drivers installed. I just said "Nuts" to it and stayed with Windows. I want this to be fun and not a chore.

Personally I've been looking to build up my farm again but using 3060's. It will be a while before I see them down to a price that I'm willing to spend on them but the plan is in motion but on pause. The base hardware is there, just waiting on a better GPU market.

I'll tell you what Don it is simple to use Ubuntu now. 20.04 just needs a click to use additional drivers and you'll have a choice from 460's to 492's needed for 3000's. Much easier now than even a few years ago. I hadn't used Linux in at least 8 years. Linux gets more appropriate Wu's as far as I can tell. In other words none of the 18***'s.

https://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=108&t=36824

My new card will be here today so some time this week you should see my points jump :):thup:

UPS is full of it! They said they tried to deliver my card at 2:52pm today but no one was home, BULL $^%#$#%%, I was here at that time, no knock no ringing of the doorbell. :mad:

My stuff comes tomorrow , negligible uptick in PPD. I"ll just be ready to run a 4th RTX 3080 at full speed...Kinda wish I had kept my 3070...Oh well it paid for the Alder Lake system.

My UPS is excellent , it's the Fedex that sucks.

UPS arbitrarily delivered a pair of Airpods Max to an Autozone, on the other side of town, with only a note that said, "Autozone" (there are 2 about the same distance away) a couple of weeks ago. I was home, no knock, no doorbell, for an Apple-insured package. I get that logistics sucks right now but you can't even expect the bare minimum anymore.

*anywho* folding-relevant, I'm really going to have to buy a 3080ti at these insane prices to keep my threat list clear aren't I? :sn:

I want a 3080 for 1600!! Great score on that.
UPS and the others SUC on the delivery. I find our packages in the middle of the drive wat next to my truck. The front door is maybe two to three more steps, LAZY drivers. Soapbox kicked to the side its all good now

I want a 3080 for 1600!! Great score on that.
UPS and the others SUC on the delivery. I find our packages in the middle of the drive wat next to my truck. The front door is maybe two to three more steps, LAZY drivers. Soapbox kicked to the side its all good now

If you don't mind switching to AMD, both Atlanta Microcenters have RX 6800 XT (several) & RX 6900 XT (one) available for less than $1600. ;)

Most of my stuff came today. Z690 Mobo, I5 12600K, 32GB DDR4. Waiting on a another 32GB of Ram and a 2GB M.2 SSD and cosmetic stuff, LED strip and Purple extensions.:drool: I'll run a CPU client just to see what the Alder Lake does...or if it will even run fah.

PXL_20211124_012307643.jpg

Back