• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Prime Days 2023......what's on the list?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I saw the 990 Pro 2TB on Amazon UK too. It's like 1/4 the price of the 980 Pro when I got it. But I don't need another SSD right now.

The HD deals were less exciting. I never liked Seagate HDs but they're by far cheapest/GB. Again, not something I need soon enough I can defer the buying decision to another time.

I did order a new electric shaver. My existing one is overdue a new foil and that by itself is nearly half the cost of a new shaver. Been thinking of a new one for a while. Headline saving was 60%, but reality was it's only 20% off their regular selling price. Still, better than nothing. Also checked other online stores selling same model. Looked like they timed their sales to match Amazon's so I could have got it for same price elsewhere. Still using Amazon since I have an account set up there already.

Bleh...

Back in the day I had a Logitech VX Nano, was probably the best "laptop" mouse I've had. Just checked the MX Anywhere 3S, which I want to say is the updated version, still at full price.

Been looking at the (art) graphics tablets. The ones you connect to a PC, and can draw on the screen, as oppose to a controller on normal monitor. They've come down in price and I've shortlisted two, but it's a bit of a gamble. Believe there's another day of sale to go so I can spend more time researching.

I scooped a Zotac 4070 Ti for 917 CAD before tax.. I wanted the 4080 but for 600 more these prices can suck it.

My 980 Classified will be retired from my oldest sons rig, and he can have my 3070 Ti. He has my X3D installed right now.. he will be ecstatic with the bump :)

Hopefully I will be too :D

I went ahead and bought one. Room to move my Steam games from my 1 TB Kingston Fury NVMe to this 2 TB Samsung 990 Pro NVMe. No heat sink for me please. It will slot into my board just fine with the built in heat sink on the MB.

I also bought an 802.11 AX USB dongle for my laptop. That is until I can get new antenna for it. That's another story but the USB WiFi adapter was half off so..... Less than $150 for both. Can't beat it.... for now.

I gave in and ordered the Huion Kamvas Pro 13. It seemed to review well vs Wacom One pen display which was the other consideration I had. Might have helped that Amazon gave another 10% off voucher on top of the sale price.

I did order a new electric shaver. My existing one is overdue a new foil and that by itself is nearly half the cost of a new shaver. Been thinking of a new one for a while. Headline saving was 60%, but reality was it's only 20% off their regular selling price. Still, better than nothing. Also checked other online stores selling same model. Looked like they timed their sales to match Amazon's so I could have got it for same price elsewhere. Still using Amazon since I have an account set up there already.

Ended up following your lead, grabbed a cheap Phillips razor. Can't really get a close shave with my current one.

They pushed the delivery date of my order back by one day. How sad is it that my first thought is to be upset? You know, items I don't "need" are going to be here on Saturday instead of Friday. The outrage. No one on the planet has it worse than I. Woe is me. Starving children look at my problem and pity me.

I'll try to survive the extra day. Wish me well.

Note: To have been read with lots of sarcasm. I don't have it bad at all in any way.

Last edited:
Well geez. Now the shipping status says that my package is at my local Post Office. With a total served population of about 15-20k, I think I will get it today after all.

@mackerel That looks like a cool tool/gadget/toy. What is it's general use?

@mackerel That looks like a cool tool/gadget/toy. What is it's general use?
The modern name for it seems to be "pen display", but I used to know them as "graphics tablets" before phone tablets were a thing. Connects to your PC and lets you use a pen on it, usually for drawing or similar creative uses. Much cheaper ones exist without screen, but ones with screen are coming down in price. This is a 13" 1080p display version. There's a Wacom One that's similar, and they're the more well known brand in the area. The specs on the one I got are much better which swung it for me.

The last time I drew seriously was for art class at school. That was some decades ago so I'm essentially relearning now. New hardware. New software. New skills. Could take some time.

Back