• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Primochill System reboot. has anyone used it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ehhwhat

Registered
https://www.primochill.com/collecti...imochill-system-reboot-cooling-loop-treatment

Hey guys, long time lurker that finally has a question. I have an older loop that's going to rigid tubing but I still have blocks that need some cleaning. I have been using tygon soft tubing forever so I'm sure I have had some leaching, but if it's possible to not take the blocks apart and just use this stuff in a 48hour continual flush I would prefer so. My question is has anyone used this stuff and if so is it going to cause problems? does it actually work in cleaning blocks? if not is there a product on the market that will clean my blocks without having to take them apart? or is the old hot water and vinegar still the best way to clean old parts?

Never used it. Id prefer to take the block apart though. I have little faith it will get i to the micro grooves well etc...

https://www.primochill.com/collecti...imochill-system-reboot-cooling-loop-treatment

Hey guys, long time lurker that finally has a question. I have an older loop that's going to rigid tubing but I still have blocks that need some cleaning. I have been using tygon soft tubing forever so I'm sure I have had some leaching, but if it's possible to not take the blocks apart and just use this stuff in a 48hour continual flush I would prefer so. My question is has anyone used this stuff and if so is it going to cause problems? does it actually work in cleaning blocks? if not is there a product on the market that will clean my blocks without having to take them apart? or is the old hot water and vinegar still the best way to clean old parts?

If they're made out copper you can try the old Navy tradition of using Bug Juice to clean them (Bug Juice is Kool Aide with no sugar added) the citric acid in the mix should clean them well.

We used it on our bronze drain covers on ship all the time and it works great. Just put it in a bucket with some bug juice and let it sit overnight. Clean as a whistle the next morning.

ive heard of several people using it but im still not sure if it really does anything from their responses. as has been said, the only way to get your blocks, res and rad clean is to pull everything apart and scrub away. if its been too long in between tear downs you may never get your copper clean again. i had a pair of 8800gtx blocks that i left in the loop for years and they were black as tar. i would have had to sand them to get them clean.

The issue really isn't oxidation, it's the bits of plastic, dust, and hair that accumulate on the micro-channels. Yes, that stuff is in the water/air, and from your body, and I'm a meticulous builder when it comes to watercooling. Yuk! That stuff does collect in time and reduces flow and cooling. It's not that hard to clean the blocks, just take your time etc.

This is a post I made long ago that has pictures of my block. You can see the bits that collect over time. The oxidation is not an usse, the block itself was fine.

Hope this helps!

http://www.overclockers.com/annual-water-cooling-cleaning-rebuild-journal/

I looked at the build journal, so you got your cpu blocks clean with vinegar and hot water? or do you use something else as well?

A gentle toothbrush and probably a bit of dishwashing soap. You clean the block, then put in a 50% vinegar solution till it starts to brighten up then brush it again. Repeat till you're happy.

Thanks for the feedback guys, I'll probably start the loop update in a couple of weeks.

Back