• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Priority setting in EM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks for the reply. I was just curious as to what other people set theres too. I'm hoping that sooner or later I can get a small rig setup on this connection to fold 24\7. It'd be a PII 300 w\64megs of ram. Most likely just a Operating system, essential drivers and software to keep it running, and F&H. Then I'll let her go all the time.

I've tried all the settings, and I really couldn't tell much of a difference in folding times. If you don't have any other applications running, you won't notice a difference.

I left mine at idle, so whatever program I run has all the CPU power it needs. When I don't run any other apps, folding gets all the cpu power, no matter if it is set to idle or normal.

I can't recommend real time though! :)

I think the Priority setting only applies to the Windows 2000/NT Operating systems. Priority is set to idle class on everythying else. So...if your CPU is idle and your using 95, 98, 98se or ME, your set to fold when the CPU is about to go idle or has free cycles. On 2k, you can actually set Folding to have priority over other programs.

I can notice a difference setting it between all the other settings. I do notice that by putting in a higher priority will slow down the performance of the pc drastically.

Back